Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Not sure this is a bug, but...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Blackkatt
Starting Member

Sweden
17 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  16:30:30  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, XMM seems to be limited somehow at 100KB/s when updating movies or downloading updates. I'm updating 500+ movies and it takes FOREVER!!! its always been like this. Like when updateing with the imdb script we talk about 20kb/s at max. Fix this please.

Another thing I've notice is that when updating using chains i my case I use two scripts, imdb+dvdempire but in "update from the internet window" it says scripts done 1/4 ???

Edited by - Blackkatt on 08 Apr 2010 17:48:24

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2010 :  16:56:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Depending on the speed of the site where we you are getting the info from it can be slow. If IMDB's site is slow then your download will be slow.
Also depending on what you have using the network at the time, internet performance will be slow.
Check to see if you have anything else running in the background that could be using your net connection. Try hijackthis and see if you have anything extra running
Go to Top of Page

Blackkatt
Starting Member

Sweden
17 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2010 :  13:27:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JustME

Depending on the speed of the site where we you are getting the info from it can be slow. If IMDB's site is slow then your download will be slow.
Also depending on what you have using the network at the time, internet performance will be slow.
Check to see if you have anything else running in the background that could be using your net connection. Try hijackthis and see if you have anything extra running

Hehe thnx for trying. But its not that. I download a lot faster when i surf the site in question. And if you read closely Ive said it always been like this.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2010 :  13:44:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would say the most time the script and magic script engine simply processes and saves the downloaded data. That is the main limiting factor not the download speed.

Not to forget: You don't won't a to high download speed (many requests per second), because every good server will block this sooner or later. It will think it's being attacked.

The scripts only loads the pure html content which are only a few KB, sometimes not even 1 KB, that doesn't take much time.

Edited by - Prinz on 16 Apr 2010 13:44:31
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2010 :  22:01:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have also noticed that if you are not careful, you can end up using extra scripts...even though you only have one selected, it sometimes takes the first script in the list too....just noticed this on the latest release.
Simply opening the one you want and then select next it takes only one....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07