Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Split database alphabetically
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  08:28:52  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi I don't know if this is possible to do or has already be done but I wanted to split mya database in several databases each for an alphabet letter, I've tried the special filters function to make possibleto select only the movies that start by each letter but then it is not possible to export them to another database or do anything like it. Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  08:37:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just click on the column header of the title in main grid to sort alphabetically. Then mark all movies with your desired letter and export them - No need to break a database for that ;)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  08:40:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please explain better, export them how? And will that create a new database? Because I want a database for each letter, it's easier if i add new movies to export the database by letter than the "all" database
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  09:18:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can export only as HTML/XML, CSV or TXT. But exporting into a new database is not possible.
BUT (I never have tested it!) you could create multiple empty databases and exchange movies between them.
You can reach these options by clicking on the blue down arrow on top left.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  09:30:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes I've tried that and it's almost perfect but in the exchange window the movies are sorted by movie ID and not by title wich makes it to much dificult to select all movies for each letter,if only it waspossible to sort them by title that would be really good
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  10:56:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, you're right... the list should be sortable by click on the column header.
Best to ask Alessio directly if he could implement that function.

Another possible solution: open your db with MS Access, sort by title and change the movie ids. On google I have found ways to change the primary (movie) id.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2010 :  08:27:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've tried using MS Acess but I get an error message saying that I can't change the movies ID because it would create duplicate entries :S
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2010 :  09:09:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please have a look at google. I think You have to remove that id and add it again.

And as always the reminder to test only with a backup ;)

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07