Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Options bug, XMM crash and Import problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2010 :  12:09:39  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I tried to update a lot of movies after a long time.
These are problems I'm faced:

1. When importing, with IMDB Complete, IMDB links from previous title are copied into the next title. When searching for the title, it is not searching correct title, but title from the previous entry.

2. When importing, my custom fields are overwritten with info. I tried to correct the problem by setting options to filling just empty fields, but this option is reset at every import. I select, save options and after the import, XMM does it its way, and resets the options :(

3. When importing, XMM crashes. I'm on windows 7 x64, tried with compatibility and administrator options, turning actor import off, but its still happening. Till now it wasn't the case and I'm very sad..

Since, I have a system of storing my dvds that rely on location and custom field entries, all this is a big annoyance to me.
Help please!!

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2010 :  12:19:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just realized.. Import does not replaces non-blank fields, re-update does..

still search and crash problems persist
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  17:01:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you have the correct IMDB number in field 8, you can set it to read it from there so you get the correct info each time....
Using windows 7, permissions have shown to be a problem, you must be an administrator and should turn off UAC.
I "think" it had an issue on crashing on exit, but that was just the way it exited...the data was saved.
we may need a seperate thread on just running this on Windows 7!
Go to Top of Page

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  19:02:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thing is when updating, script is writing in wrong imdb link for the movie. precisely, imdb of the previous movie form the list.
I'm not using software to manually enter each movies link.. that's why I'm reporting the bug.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still annoyed by this.
XMM crashes, but changes are saved.
On win 7 x86 i didn't have a problem though.

Curse me and my reinstalling windows!!!!
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2010 :  20:02:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am using Windows 7 64 and don't have problems with XMM.

Which version of XMM you are using?

I am using IMDB script from here http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6297&whichpage=2

You should create empty database and then try to add a few movies.

Edited by - fege on 03 Jun 2010 20:04:32
Go to Top of Page

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  09:00:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm using latest update. Maybe that is the problem.
Is there any way to downgrade easily?
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  11:09:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm using latest update. Maybe that is the problem.
Is there any way to downgrade easily?

Do you using latest update of XMM or IMDB script?

I am using latest update of XMM without problems.
Go to Top of Page

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  11:41:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
both.. xmm and latest imdb (complete) script
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  13:59:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is script I'm using

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zzn0wanhja

Put it in Users/xxx/Documents/Extreme Movie Manager 7/Script

Instead of xxx put name of the your user account
Go to Top of Page

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  18:50:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks, I'll test it
Go to Top of Page

rooster
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  13:55:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
nope, no help..
It worked find, but still crashed a lot.
Now, after putting some more movies, script engine is giving me errors and it doesn't do anything.
:/
I guess we need an xmm update
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 8.61 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07