Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 DLNA Integration and Movie File Added automation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

exu666
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2010 :  20:12:31  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,

I`ve bought my copy of xmm 3 or 4 years ago and I must confess that since the HDD became cheap, I put it aside for a while, but now with media streammers like "PS3 Media Server" I`m getting back to it again.
It would be really nice though, to have my movie related info somehow conncted with my PS3 and the movieplugin there for it is laughable. I don't think the original DLNA protocol handles this kind of interface but it is open to implementation! Let's do it! Everybody is using the PS3 and XBOX to stream media...

The second part is easier, just a feature to get movie info each time a new movie is added to a root folder, which is scanned in, lets say, in an hourly basis...

That's it, thanks

Edited by - exu666 on 19 Sep 2010 20:14:20

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  18:16:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

For the second option, if i have correctly understand, just enable the File Monitor function, it will scan in search of new movies evetytime you open XMM.

For the first, I don't DLNA deeply, is there someone that want try to make a plugin or something similar?

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

exu666
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  04:33:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your quick reply Alessio,

For the first part, I was suggesting that if XMM would be able to comunicate with the PS3 (through a media streamer app like PS3 media streamer) that would be an amazing feature, instead of just playing a file we would be able to see in the TV all the movie info (which would be provided by XMM). Wouldn't that be awesome?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2010 :  06:53:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, absolutely. I think I need time because currently I haven't a PS3

Ale

PS : Is there someone than want make a plugin or something?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07