Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 How to change the genre seperator "/"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Heiko78
Starting Member

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  01:00:12  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I imported all my movies from my previous DB an at the genre field i have the text for the genres "," separeted.
like: Abenteuer, Action, Drama
now EMM uses the "/" sign for separation when I use the scripts for update or new movies.
like: Abenteuer/ Action/ Drama
How can i change the separator sign from "/" to ","?
Thanks for help.
Heiko78

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  05:59:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Heiko78,

ou cannot change the separator and use "," because XMM uses it internally, so it will not work properly if you change this value.

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Heiko78
Starting Member

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2010 :  16:56:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale,
thanks for your reply.
Ok, then would you recommend to replace the "," with the "/" in the genre field for all 700 movie entries that i have already imported?
Thanks,
Heiko
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  04:18:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK,

I have made some tests and seem that if you replace it there are not big problems.

The only problem is that you can do it manually with access because there isn't a function for that inside XMM...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Heiko78
Starting Member

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2010 :  15:03:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ale,
that is fine - I'm familiar with Access.
Thanks for your answer.
Heiko
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07