Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 All My Movies Database Import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

midion
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  13:04:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I want to import my All My Movies Database but it's .amm

When I go to import data from all my movies database using xmm it ask for a .mdb file.

midion
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  18:53:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just bumping this because I don't understand this particular import function.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  19:03:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try to rename the file to .MDB, and then use the Import function.

Please let me know,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Goes to 11
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  05:26:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I really wish this worked but it doesn't.

I've tried the other methods and I cannot get the other import functions to see the files I've created (.csv versions or changing the file to .mdb).

Go to Top of Page

BBBBrett
Starting Member

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  05:40:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem and just changed the filetype from .amm to .mdb and that worked fine, no problems, after import just change the AMM filetype back if you still want to keep it as EMM makes it's own. Just to clarify if you are confused it's the AMM database file (on Win 7 located in C:\ProgramData\AllMyMovies) that you need to change the file extension of. After you import just return the ext back to .amm
I had no problems with this, regardless of the ext name the file is just an access database file.

BBBBrett

Edited by - BBBBrett on 12 Apr 2012 05:45:05
Go to Top of Page

Goes to 11
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2012 :  17:24:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks BBBBrett for the help.

I was working in Win XP and kept getting the 'this is not a valid Win32 application' whenever I tried to use the renamed .amm file. That could be symptomatic of bigger issues with my XP setup, not sure.

I gave it a try in a Win 7 environment and it worked.

Now to try to wrap my head around all this functionality of XMM ...
Go to Top of Page

digitalbd007
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2012 :  10:01:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
when i want to updated info it's show "" copy non autorized. u can not import info from internet "" please help me
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2012 :  10:34:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, just purchase the program. Seems as if you haven't registered XMM. So you're using the shareware version that has limited functionality as a restriction to 50 entries.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07