Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Turkish characters in folder paths!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  05:27:36  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

Those characters seen as question marks are; "ö" and "ü" for "Dökümanlar" which is the Turkish word for "Documents" which is where my Windows documents are settled.

But I can't back up nor keep my database in there because XMM doesn't recognize the path...

Could you please fix this?

Thank you,
Erke

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  22:28:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I suggest as a workaround to put the XMM folder directly in c:\, maybe you can move it to c:\XMM

Let me know if works.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2010 :  23:29:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just try to replace ä, ö and ü with ae, oe and ue.
On testing those special chars on my machine all works ok. Give it a try to open the database by "Open Database" function.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  01:35:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well,
You see guys, I can't change the characters, because my windows "%documents%" is that folder and all my softwares are installed in that setting, except XMM...

And I really would like to put my database into my documents folder, in order to keep things orginized, for the sake of a possible format / backup situation in the future... =(

Alessio, isn't there anyway that you can add UTF-8 to XMM's support, without too much effort? :(

Edited by - ComZiz on 20 Oct 2010 01:37:48
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  01:36:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can't use XMM right now by the way, because of this problem... :((((
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  09:23:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. Will the example database be loaded as the error message says?
2. Do you have tried to open your database by re-loading it in XMM again?
And: Is D:\Arsiv\Dökümentar\Film Arsivi\Databases\ is your standard "C:\Documents and Settings" folder? Therefore Ale and me said that you should rename/move your database.
As said before: My own path of the .mdb is: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\Eigene Dateien\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\Databases\Jörg_V7.mdb. And that works for me without any problems.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07