Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 XMM on windows mobile 6.5?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  00:34:12  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I know it is a long shot and that a awful lot of work goes into this program. is there any chance of a windows mobile 6.5 app for XMM.

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2010 :  04:53:15  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually your in luck... I just placed a posting in http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6538 this thread has a link to the My Little NMT Plugin Template I created for the Android phone. I used the version I created from my PocketPC Windows Mobile 6.3 implementation as the starting point. It'll work on your PocketPC as well.
Basically the NMT Plugin (using the template I created called Cell_Phone-Small) will create HTML code for all of the Movies in your XMM database. There are high level Index pages showing Icons of Movie Covers on pages that are alphabetically arranged. Click on one and it's take you to a detail page of that movie with plot, list of actors and technical information about your movies like screen size, bit rate, MPAA rating and so on. Now if you have the movie(s) on your memeory cards in .wmv format, you can also click the movie cover on the detail page and launch the video player with that movie playing. You may have to make some adjustments to the MovieDetail.htm template file to specify the location of your movies on your PocketPC. There is a thread somewhere on this forum from between 3 and 6 months ago where I announced the PocketPC version and it has the documentation needed to make everything work. However, you can start with the Android version and its documentation since HTML is HTML is HTML.... All you need is a browser and the XMM information is right there for you.

Norm

Go to Top of Page

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2010 :  23:46:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you for your quick response. going to check it out now.

Thank you again
Go to Top of Page

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  01:02:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
wow that looks great. playing about with it at this moment.
Thanks Norm

Andy
Go to Top of Page

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2010 :  02:16:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is fantastic. is there anyway of getting all the movies on one page at once instead of selecting by letter. or would this take forever to load a page?

Thanks
Andy
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2010 :  16:53:55  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'll be releasing a new version of the Template today (14:00 GMT) but your requested feature will not be in it. However, I'll try to put that into the next release. I'm not totally sure what it will take but for now I'll say that 1) it can be done and 2) It'll be done toward the end of next week. I'll keep this thread posted if either of those two statements change.

Later,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  03:23:23  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have updated the Android and PocketPC NMT Templates. The updated versions have Actor data available as well as several other performance enhancements. The new versions can be reached by going to

Site: ftp.hickel.org
User: eXtreme
Pass: Not4here.

Yes, there is a period at the end of the password. These new templates should be added while the old ones (under a different name) should be deleted.

I have uncovered a small issue with the NMT Plugin that only effects the PocketPC Version. With the PocketPC Browser, Actor names generated by the tag _MOVIE_ACTORS_ only displays names if their is a file/hyperlink for that Actor's Movies. I have found that if the Actor's Names is enclosed in <a> ... </a> then the names will be displayed proberly.

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  06:06:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you nehickel!

Please can you send to me by email the new releases? For me will be more easy to quickly include in future releases. For all people here the FTP is perfect.

Thank you again!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07