Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 REQ: MovieID Renumbering Issues & Covers fix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2010 :  03:11:21  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'd like to make a request for the following issues to be addressed.

ISSUES:
During the use of the Advanced Tools | Collection Maintenance | MovieID Renumbering Processes, only the movie filename receives a new MovieID number, The front and back cover filenames within the record for that movie still retain the initial or old MovieID value. This is also true of the filenames of those images on the hard drive.

When using the Tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ the filename returned contains the old MovieID number that was assigned to the movie when it was first loaded into XMM. However the _MOVIE_COVER_ Tag somehow generates the updated filename with the correct MovieID number even though the filename in the database also has the initial pre-renumbering MovieID value. This is a Issue.

One other issue is both the Front and Back cover thumbnails and larger images on the hard drive (HDD) as well as their paths stored within the database are all in .jpg format. The tag _MOVIE_COVER_ returns a filename with the extension .png while the Tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ retunrs a filename with the extension .jpg. This is a Issue.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Based on the above issues, I'd like to propose that the XMM application do the following:

1) Convert the Front and Back Cover thumbnails & large files
automatically to .png format during the initial download
process.

2) Change the MovieID Renumbering process to include changing
the filenames of the Front & Back Cover thumbnails & larger
files on the HDD and within XMM to the same MovieID values
as that of the movie.

This should take care of the tag _MOVIEBACKCOVER_ but I'm not sure what the impact would be on the _MOVIE_COVER_ tag and the My Little NMT Export tool as well as the OnEx Tool.

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to go into more detail.

Thanks,
Norm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07