Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Detect deleted/moved movie files on file scan?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

chiefo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2010 :  14:23:06  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It would be very nice, if you could add an option to remove movies from the database if the corresponding file was deleted on the harddrive.

If you start a file scan to add new movies to the database, it would be great if there is an option to show if a file was deleted (or moved) and give the user the possibility to remove (or update the path information of) these movies from the database.

Thank you very much!

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2010 :  06:09:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for the suggestion, I have add it to my work-list.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

cyxi
Starting Member

France
35 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2010 :  09:28:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's what i need :)
Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  09:15:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Alessio!
Happy New Year!
This feature 'remove movies from the database if the corresponding file was deleted on the harddrive' maybe is great for someone, but it's not great for me. I have a really huge database with lot a titles inside. I add the movies when they are still on the hard drive and after some period i burn them do dvds and remove from HDD.
So on every start XMM start scanning for those movies which slow down significally startup. I don't want that! It's really boring!
So, my suggestion to you is to add this feature as checkbox in the options and every user to decide if want to use it!
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  12:22:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Batrado,

you can turn off the File Monitor, it will not scan your Hard Disk when XMM start. Do you want this?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2011 :  17:38:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,
Yes, it is good workaround.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  09:28:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

In next release I have add an option to NOT search for deleted movie in File Monitor function

Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  11:19:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Alessio!

Regards, Rado.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07