Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Printable doc or cheat sheet thats user friendly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yovinny
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  19:17:10  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I know the documentation is a work in progress but how about a PDF Version that is like a for dummies version or building it into the program. I bought this program because of the features it offers but if I can't figure out how to use them its not as much fun. I am not a "noob" by a long shot but this is the most confusing program I have ever used I kid you not it drives me insane sometimes I don't know if its because Im getting older or just going crazy but It is not uncommon to find me screaming at my monitor in disgust because something is happening that I can't stop because the stop download buttons don't work or because I cant figure out how to use the scripts the right way or I feel like I haven't got a clue and to be honest it not too cool to have that going on when your 40+. I can build a great computer but I can't figure out some software? I feel so stupid and it just ticks me off because I bought this to use not look at it and hope I might be able to some day. I understand your just one guy and I think that clone idea is a great option to get you some much needed help but. Throw an old dog a bone please, anything a cheat sheet you can print up or a printable quick start or a pop up that has something and for the brainiacs can disable it if they don't need it. Anything would help. I can drive a car now great but before I could do that I had to first read a book to get the fundamentals down they didn't just put me behind the wheel and toss me the keys and say go for it. Same principal so to speak. I know some are saying what do we need that for well before you were aces you had to first figure it out. I really want to use this program without going nuts in the process of trying to figure out how to .

Everything you have done looks great but just my luck the chapters that are missing are the ones i'm looking for like what to so with tv shows on a hard drive etc.

And maybe for those of us that tend to screw up more often a undo arrow would be handy as well.

I know its a big request but is would also be a big help, I try to tell friends about the software it would be nice when they ask me " how did you do that?" if I didn't have to say respond "you know I'm not sure exactly how I did it but its pretty cool isn't it!"

Thanks

Edited by - yovinny on 04 Nov 2010 19:26:26

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2010 :  19:46:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, for most people a user guide would be really useful. But how to begin? I think a faq would be a good idea...
Maybe Ale can make a new forum for that and OPERATING questions should be asked and answered there. Later one can collect and shorten these to a helpful beginner's guide.
For me I have never read a software manual - except programming instructions - so I don't miss it.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07