Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Sort by release date and release date update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hyper.escape
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  16:16:55  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello All,

Regular fan of Extreme Movie Manager running the latest version.

I wanted to sort the default column view in the order of movies as they were released (earliest to the latest), so I can choose which ones in the recent past I have not seen from my database.

For this reason obviously the release date seemed to be most appropriate choice. 'Date inserted' can be tricky sometimes since I have also inserted a lot of old movies in the collection.

The release date is inserted in Custom-2 field, and unfortunately it is a text string instead of a date field. Hence I guess no release date wise sorting cannot be done. The date on IMDB page is also mentioned as dd-mmm(full name alphabet)-YYYY, which is a text string and imported ditto, maybe some conversion is required to convert it in actual date mask/field.

Secondly I have all my database (>2000 movies) updated for Italian release dates (i overlooked the option to choose country in the IMDB.complete script). So is it a way now I can only update the release date for all the movies quickly for another country instead of reimporting all the information which obviously would take a huge amount of time.

Would appreciate your guidance for the issues mentioned.

Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07