Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Database NOT Compatible!/broke?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zeke221
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  19:28:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi

i'm using EMM 7.0.9.8 on windows 7 64bit.

the program starts fine but when i try to make a new database i get this error message;

"This Database is NOT Compatible!

-error point: 8

c:\user\farts\documents\extreme movie manager7\databases\new111210.mdb

-2147467259.[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

so any idea what i can do to fix it?? very annoying!!! i can still open my other databases i have. also i can add films to my other databases and save them still.

help me please great app just a shame this as started happening

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2010 :  08:32:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Seem that the database "empty.mdb" is blocked or corrupted.

Please install the update and let me know.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

zeke221
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2010 :  21:09:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi mate its still doing it

same error and eveything
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  12:04:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Have you tried the new releases?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Mike Topolovich
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2011 :  16:51:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
zeke...

try this -

1) close XMM
2) then on the icon "right-click"
3) choose Run as Administrator

Often ODBC will object to access permissions if you are not the
inital installed profile (aka Administrator)

worth a try
Go to Top of Page

zeke221
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  12:47:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks its working fine from the update!!

cheers mike i didnt need the help but its great to no that but i am the admin on the comp lol

thanks for the help peeps
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2011 :  22:54:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
actually with Windows 7, even with admin rights, sometimes it won't work unless you run it with the actual admin account. This is a carryover from older systems where users could install a printer only for themselves but not everyone...its a great "feature"...so don't be scared to use runas administrator before thinking it is an application error.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07