Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Lightbox all working in HTML cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2011 :  23:37:15  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've looked through the forum for this and only get 4 results in the search. I can only assume that users fall into one of the categorise below
1. Nobody is having a major problem and can get this working
2. Nobody knows that it is included but not implemented
Lightbox files and tutorial is included in the main installation folder and I just wanted to say that it only took me an hour or so to sort this out (I'm an IT tech but not a programmer) The results are stunning and certainly improve the HTML cards. Well worth the time spent sorting it out
I'm using "movie_bigcover-simplified" but have also got this working on the actors cards and boxset cards
If anyone needs a pointer then I would be willing to help
If you are unsure what lightbox does then please google

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2011 :  08:50:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Lightbox is only in the old DefaultHTMLCard_Slideshow active.
In (for me) only really rare cases the proportions are not shown properly. That's the reason why it isn't present in the bigcover cards.
I would prefer it too if it could be implemented again (as well as different font sizes in the cards. But that's another topic)...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 02 Jan 2011 09:43:59
Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2011 :  12:49:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes but I wanted get it working in movie_bigcover_simplified so used the tutorial to copy the html code into that card. The proportions seem fine and work OK. It resizes correctly every time and with a bit of code adding to the lightbox.css the background covers the whole card. The only problem I still have is that by adding lightbox, it seems to have stopped the color chooser from working but I'm sure I'll work that bit out it's not that I change colors that often. Unless anyone else has some ideas in on this subject
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2011 :  13:14:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, surely an equal name for a function.
AND: would be nice if you would share the modified cards as I never got the time (and the mood) to add it again to the new card after every change.
As you might have seen there are a lot of changes between old DefaultCard and new BigCover, which looks really better than the old one.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2011 :  17:11:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Lightbox is buggy (doesn't always resize correctly) and was remove because of that reason. The reason for the bug is a bug in all IE - Versions and can only be fixed by Microsoft. But i wouldn't hold my breath...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  21:02:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Prinz, is it possible to get the image size with vbscript?
Then you could pass the size directly to Lightbox.

As a test I've loaded this little demo that calls a vbscript function by javascript.
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Neue Seite 1</title>

<Script Language=JavaScript>
  function callvbs(){
    VBSFunktion();
  }
</Script>
<Script Language=VBScript>
  Function VBSFunktion()
    MsgBox "Hello!"
  End Function
</Script>
</head>

<body>
<input type=button value="VBScript aufrufen" onclick="callvbs()">
</body>
</html>

<Script Language=JavaScript>
function hallosagen(){
alert("Hello!")
}
</Script>

<Script Language=VBScript>
bsp
Function bsp()
hallosagen()
End Function
</Script>

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 04 Jan 2011 21:04:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.68 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07