Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Excluding year from title
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

slon566
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2011 :  21:00:41  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello!

There was option like "import year from title" few versions ago. But now i can't find this.
When I import movies (Add movies -> Scan drives for movies) XMM creates new record with title "Amores perros (Amores perros, ) Almodovar" instead "Amores perros (Amores perros, 2000) Almodovar". Field "Year" of this record equals 2000. Filename is W:\Amores perros (Amores perros, 2000) Almodovar.avi. When I use Add movies -> Add ripped DVD on your Hard Disk XMM creates record with correct title.
How can I tune this option?

Thank you in advance, AB.

Unknown_Canuck
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  04:57:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am having the exact same problem. I am using the "Scan Drives for Movies" function. The movie filename contains the year, but the year doesn't come in the Title. example. "c:\Seven Samurai - 1954.avi" comes into the Title as "Seven Samurai - ".
The year is missing. I haven't scanned my drives for a few month's, so something has changed in the last few versions.

Thxs for the help
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  07:19:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Do you want that XMM do NOT remove the year from title? Usually XMM when found a year it remove it from title and put in the Year field.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Unknown_Canuck
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:54:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, all my previous imports all have the Year in the Title. I would like to keep the year in the Title for consistency with my old imports, even though the year is in the "Year Field".

Also, it leave extra characters in the Title based on my file naming convention, which I could work around, but would prefer not to.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  22:25:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To keep consistency:
Here is alittle tool that strips the year from the title in your database. Would be in my sight better than keeping the doubled year ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ej8211b2o6s4j98/StripYear.rar

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

linkup
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  16:03:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And when you strip the year out, why do you leave the brackets or parentheses behind? And in his case, why do you leave the worthless "-" after taking the year from behind it?
Go to Top of Page

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  03:24:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also recently updated XMM and have the same problem that on the grid the year is not included in the title. I like that the name on the grid is the same as the my movie file names. I would like to have this option back as it is very helpful to have the year when i extract the grid to HTML.

please help

Andy
Go to Top of Page

mrabonnington
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  03:28:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
correction: I like that the name on the grid is the same as the my movie file names.
should read: I like that the name on the grid is the same as my movie file names.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07