Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Actor joint/Multiple values in genre and subgenre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Morten Larsen
Starting Member

Denmark
2 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  18:46:00  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi

Having purchased your product, I find it very nice, and easy to work with.

However there is some features I would like to see implemented. Possibly they are already there and I just can not find them. In that case I do apologise.

1. I would like to have the possibility to add actors from the database (manually entered as well as populated via a script from the internet), to a movie or a tv show.

I can not seem to find this function. Looking in the database I can see where I goes, and indeed I can manually enter them into the database. Then they show up under cast just fine.

Please advise

2. I can have one value in the genre and sub-genre. Is it possible to make the column in the database a multiple value column and then choose via a list of tick boxes, which three or more genre this should be in?
The maintenence of these could be done in the 'manage list'
Cant seem to find sub genre there either.

Please advise

Kind regards

Morten Larsen

Edited by - Morten Larsen on 31 Jan 2011 19:18:25

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  20:19:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Morten!

1. You can define in the settings to add actors to the database
2. When you import the genre info you they are add all to genre or only the first to genre and the rest to subgenre. The option for this is in the advanced script options or in the settings (haven't changed my settings in the past month, so I can't remember where it was).

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Morten Larsen
Starting Member

Denmark
2 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  20:59:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi

Thank you for your reply. This is all basically about manual input.

1. I was looking for the possibility to make a joint in the database from an actor/actress to that is not attached to a movie, to a movie.
Where do I define in the settings that I can do this manually?
I have uploaded a picture of the db - that's the possibility i would like to have through the interface. Not having to edit the db.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yk9vsv19reeu1jh

2. Its not so much with regards to import and where it places the categories. When adding a genre or sub-genre manually to a movie, I get at drop down box where I can choose one. I was wondering if it was possible to have multiple value in the db-column. Then a sort function that's akin to the function in excel (or indeed access) where you can tick off several values that will then be displayed in the grid.

Picture uploaded of sort function.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ccq72t772pmw4lb

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  21:21:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Manually - I never have tried on both questions. To 1: Only possibility would be via MSAccess. I don't think that it's possible out of XMM.
To no.2: Same as 1. But try to add a | after having first genre selected. That's only a try...

*Edit: Switch the HTMLCard to Edit mode - Maybe you can do more in here.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 31 Jan 2011 21:38:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07