Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Facebook message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lordp
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  03:30:31  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Please, plpease, please, please!!!!

Tell me how to get rid of that offensive neverending message.

I am SICK of seeing it.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  09:52:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Pewee
Starting Member

Germany
42 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  16:10:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can confirm that the facebook popup is nerving.
Please Alesio stop it.
I decided myself to never use this bloody tools like facebool, twitter or similar.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  17:40:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I'm using Firefox and foof (Adblocker)...
I nearly never get those boring ads. And I don't think that it's a job for Ale.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

lordp
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  23:54:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, I think you misunderstand - it is a message that only pops up near the task bar when I start the program.

It has nothing to do with surfing the internet or adblocking.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  00:28:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it everytime you start XMM?
Sorry, but for me there doesn't appear any facebook popup...
And I really thought that it happens on visiting the forum.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  01:16:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, it pops up when you first start the program. It's in the lower right hand where the script update box pops up....it's VERY annoying. It says "Become a Fan! If you have Facebook, become a fan of XMM!" That needs to be gotten rid of.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  01:24:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I'm already a fan *lol*
Therefore I don't see it...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  01:34:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, don't see this post *lol*
I don't know if it works but try to make a cookie for facebook in C:\Documents and Settings\<yourname>\Cookies:
<yourname>@facebook.txt
paste this content into it:
datr
tQlATV3epUCI9dIdK1_IWfjr
facebook.com/

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  03:30:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
does not work...I do not use facebook, because I hate it, so I don't want to be told everytime I open this program to become a fan on facebook. If I knew this program would contain this spam, I would not have bought it.
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  19:35:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@JDommi:
I registered as a fan - but still get the message.
That's too much, because useless, so then it becomes annoying.

Dutchman in Indonesia
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  19:42:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As said before: I don't get any of these messages...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  20:25:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, then there was no reason for you to respond if you don't get the pop-up. Our messages were meant for the person who can get rid of them. I don't mind pop-ups telling us that there are updates, but pop-ups for facebook are annoying. If it's not taken out of the program, I will find a different program to use, and not recommend this one to anyone. It used to be a good program before the last update, which is when the facebook pop-ups started.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2011 :  08:16:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

Sorry for this delay.

Its strange, XMM should show you the message only once.

Please edit the config.ini file and change the variable

bFacebook=True

I will try to find the bug

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

lordp
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  03:07:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for the solution. It was driving me crazy.

I may be the wrong demographic for this day and age but frankly I would rather join a social network called assbook than facebook.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  07:16:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Pewee
Starting Member

Germany
42 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  19:56:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great. Thank You Alessio
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07