Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 add download progress meter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  10:10:19  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Apparently downloading movie information can be a time consuming process, especially in countries like mine, with slow and unstable connection.
As requested before, it would be nice if downloading anything would not block the complete use of XMM.
Furthermore: could a download progress meter be added, similar to various software downloaders, showing the expected remaining download time?
Then I can plan a coffee or toilet break - or a short holiday ;)

Dutchman in Indonesia

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  11:32:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Asynchronous download of informations: would be nice! But I don't think that it is possible as too many processes inside XMM are depending on the already existing information.
And a progress bar isn't completely impossible as XMM can't know how many sides/info are/is still to process. The only possibility to show a progress is the existing one: processing movie x/y.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know what you mean with 'asynchronous downloads' and 'processing movie x/y'. If you refer to the small Download Monitor G3: that is absolutely not clear to me. I see rapidly blinking figures, a text that usually just says 'Downloading... 0,00 Kb di 0,00 kb (di = leftover from the Italian version), a red block that sometimes turns into green (when?), and a progress bar that is always empty... Just confusing. Please improve!

Although I can imagine the design of a properly working progress bar is complicated, I do know that various programs have double bars: the top one showing the progress of the actual file (the percentage done) and the second showing the overall progress. Of course the latter will be influenced by factors as the presence of existing information.
I don't expect a progress TIMER, just a bar to tell me (example) if 5% has been done or 95%. Now I have no clue at all how long I still must wait.

Dutchman in Indonesia

Edited by - WimYogya on 06 Feb 2011 18:30:15
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2011 :  18:37:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Asynchronous download = XMM is loading info while you are still able to work with the other programm parts.
Green block: XMM is downloading a site
Red block: XMM is processing loaded data
Processing movie: at the right side there is a status line that says the number of currently used scripts for importing and which movie is actually in progress of the total amount of movies that are selected for processing.
I have set the view to only the blinking block as the other infos are unimportant (for me) and/or are broken.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07