Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 SAVE me ;)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2011 :  19:47:56  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Experimenting as a beginning user of XMM i already experience a few 'total losses': I had manually filled in a lot of data, then closed the ADD/EDIT screen without SAVING: all data gone...
I know, its my own stupid mistake.
But... if XMM adds the usual warning 'Item has been changed. You want to save the changes? YES/NO' then it cannot go wrong anymore.
Possible?

Dutchman in Indonesia

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2011 :  20:48:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I link together!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  05:39:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What do you mean?

Dutchman in Indonesia
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  08:58:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I mean that I agree to you ;)

A private suggestion from me: wouldn't it be easier and better to keep in sight if you collect all your comments and requests in a single topic? For me I already have forgotten what your first one was... Not to prevent you from your questions - ask furthermore! But please make an additional topic with a collection of your reports; best with the link to your original post for detailed information. I think Alessio would appreciate that, too. That way he can copy and paste your wishes to his ToDo-List.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  11:20:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, good suggestion. I am a dedicated beginner, always try to get the best result and hope/think you and Ale have the same approach.
So please don't see my questions/remarks and negative criticism.
I try to help improve XMM, for your case - and mine!
Some remarks and requests are urgent and/or essential, others are just minor details.
And above all: in this experimental phase you come across a LOT of issues - that doesn't mean the product is disappointing or defective.
On the countrary.
I AM A BIG FAN ALREADY!
Will work on ONE document with links to all topics - be patient, please.
The reason to split them till now is also for the convenience of other individual users who might have solutions.
But I will collect my future issues in 1 document.

Dutchman in Indonesia
Go to Top of Page

WimYogya
Starting Member

Indonesia
36 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  11:27:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
With the search archive option of the forum I can easily find all my topics. But: how to deliver them to you, including the working links?
Can YOU do the same search, related to MY messages (WimYogya)?
Or is there another way?

Dutchman in Indonesia
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  12:01:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At first: I'm "only" a user just like you and I have nothing more or less to do with the programming of XMM like any other XMM enthusiast ;)

I would just simply collect the topics with a short description what you want followed by the link address.
example:
- saving my layout: 'This name already exists - Cannot save' - http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7428
or
- saving my layout: 'This name already exists - Cannot save' - Let the user overwrite previously saved layouts.

Edit: You can append further notes by editing your topic...

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 08 Feb 2011 12:04:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07