Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Moved database to new hard drive,...issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kd4hey
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  01:30:17  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I swapped out Hard Drives on my laptop & copied over my entire database directory.

Now everytime I start XMM, I get a pop-up that tells me movies are missing & asks if I want to view them.

I click OK & it gives me a list of 1625 movies (out of 2700). When I click the Movies Database folder in the tree, these movies are still listed. What gives?

How do I get XMM to ignore this, or how do I correct it?

Thanks,

Jim

KD4HEY

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  07:23:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Disable the Filemonitor on Startup in XMM...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  16:22:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also you can do a search for missing files and then let EMM remove them from your list. then you can rescan your drive too so they will populate your database with the correct location.
But Filemonitor should be disabled if you have lots of movies stored as as the original search does tend to take a while and if you use external sources it won't find them either.
Just the way I have mine set...personal preference
Go to Top of Page

kd4hey
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2011 :  03:24:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do have most of these external to my hard drive, so that makes sense. It just never gave me that error before I swapped hard drives.

I looked in the "Options" page & didn't find File monitor, did I overlook it?

Thanks for the help guys!

KD4HEY
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2011 :  03:51:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
on the top menu bar under the Tools tab there is a file panel that contains File Manager and File Monitor options icons.
Remove the check under the options for File Monitor Active.
Hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

kd4hey
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2011 :  02:56:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Got it, Thanks!

Never paid attention to that before.

KD4HEY
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2011 :  01:35:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am still finding options myself! Lots that you can do with this application!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07