Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Multiple Additions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kencr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  02:06:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'd like to be able to add more than 1 movie title at a time. I understand this can be done using a text file containing the titles, but I'd like to input part of a title and bring up a list of movies containing that word or words - Then select more than one and let the program input them as separate titles.

At the moment, if I try to do this the information from one item is imported, then the information from the next one overlays it, and so on, and even though I might select 5 titles from the list, only the info for the last one is added to the database.

Maybe I've got the settings wrong - I don't know. Can anyone help

Ken Crosbie

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2011 :  17:00:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are you importing movies that you want or movies that you have?
I don't add movies unless I have them so I just import them by scanning my drive so I can't address your issue if you are doing movies that you want.
But if you want to pick a movie from a database to add, then you would have to have a database and EMM is your own personal one that you add to.
You can do a search on IMDB from the browser within EMM and add each movie that way, or create a text file and import them in line by line but other than that, I don't think I can help you.
Go to Top of Page

kencr

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  13:29:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I use XMM both for inserting records of films which I have and also ones which I would like to have. Most of the ones I do have aren't on the hard disk of my PC, but were initially acquired in VHS (tape) format and subsequently recorded on DVD by myself. I haven't imported these onto the hard disk because of the space required (I'm talking about a collection of about 300 films)

Suppose for example I want to insert the records for the complete James Bond series (about 22 films I think), I'm wondering if there's a way of inputting every title in the series at one go, instead of inserting each title separately, one film at a time

Ken Crosbie
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2011 :  13:59:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In that case I would search for a list of those movies and copy it to a txt file.
But if that is faster...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  05:33:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Or... you can do like me. I use the Internal Webbrowser to browse the movies that I "want" and add directly to database:

http://www.binaryworks.it/extrememoviemanager/documentation/adding_movies_from_webbrowser.htm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07