Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Different Database options
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cptjsparrow7
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2011 :  19:27:06  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I know this is suggestion is not as simple as it sounds, but it would be awesome for multiple installs to be able to share a database such as mysql or something of the like. That way you don't have to worry about which database is correct with dealing with multiple installs....

Thanks.

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  23:56:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This can be done now as that is how I have set mine up. I have chosen to create the database on a mapped drive on a NAS. I have mapped the drive X:\XMM. Once the database is created it makes all the folders like covers, mediacentre, photoes and thumbs in the mapped drive area.
Now Extreme Movie Manager can be installed on any machine and pointed to the database file on the NAS, as long as the same mapped drive letter is used on all installs of XMM then they all look in the same place.
I can add or update movies from any of my 3 machines on my network and they all update the central database.
Hope this helps, it does work a treat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07