Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 how to get just the actors' names from imdb?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

l0th
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  15:28:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, I'm using the following script:

[IMDB.COM] - (Full Imp-8 Actors_full_name)_eb1-Samkola_1_Jun_2004.txt

to import movies info in XMM. I'd like to modify it so that instead of

Robert De Niro (Sam 'Ace' Rothstein) | Sharon Stone (Ginger McKenna/Rothstein) | Joe Pesci (Nicky Santoro) | James Woods (Lester Diamond) | Don Rickles (Billy Sherbert) | Alan King (Andy Stone) | Kevin Pollak (Phillip Green) | L.Q. Jones (Pat Webb)

I would get

Robert De Niro | Sharon Stone | Joe Pesci | James Woods | Don Rickles | Alan King | Kevin Pollak | L.Q. Jones

in the 'starring' field.

Can someone help me and tell me how I should modify the script in order to do that?

Thanks in advance

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  09:31:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I will modify it, I need just some little time...

Bye!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

l0th
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  09:46:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks!

I ran into another problem with the same script: when there are multiple directors for a movie the last letter of the nanme of the last director gets cut off. Is there a way to fix that too?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  15:09:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's a bug, should be easy to fix. Hope for next release.

Bye!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  22:24:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by l0th

thanks!

I ran into another problem with the same script: when there are multiple directors for a movie the last letter of the nanme of the last director gets cut off. Is there a way to fix that too?

Can you post a web address for a movie with multiple directors so I can try it and see what's wrong?
Go to Top of Page

l0th
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  22:54:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Can you post a web address for a movie with multiple directors so I can try it and see what's wrong?

Sure, here are two examples:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0276751/

http://imdb.com/title/tt0242653/
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  00:16:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well I solved the problem so it doesn't cut of the director's name now.
But I'm working on a new script for iMDB and there's still a few things I have to fix.
I'm hoping that it will be finished tomorrow night so I can send it to Alessio.
I'll post in the forum when it's done
Go to Top of Page

l0th
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  20:50:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I'm working on a new script for iMDB

will it strip the characters' names from the actors' names too? that would be really great

Edited by - l0th on 11 Aug 2004 20:51:14
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2004 :  21:22:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you want it to
There are several options that you can specify in the begining of the script file.
For example:

// #42# = Take the characters name that the actors play together with actors name.
    // Like this "Woody Allen (Alvy Singer) | Stephen Fisher (Bubba)" or "Woody Allen | Stephen Fisher".
    // "Enable"  = 1
    // "Disable" = 0
    #PUT#=1#42#
Go to Top of Page

l0th
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  15:24:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
There are several options that you can specify in the begining of the script file.

beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  18:03:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@l0th
You can download the new scripts now.
Read this forum thread:
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=772
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07