Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 imdb tv-series script problem with special charact
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

elturko

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  19:10:29  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Maybe I am just too daft for it, or it is just an error of the imdv tv-series script, but I was not able to find e.g. Carnivāle using the series-script. search always comes up empty. i even tried only to search for carniv and nothing came up. Is there a playeholder I can use? eg: Carniv*le (which I tried and it didnt work).

TIA
cheers
Elturko

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  19:15:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think you only have to search for carnivale. But I don't use the imdb script (and can't test at the moment as I'm @work). For the german sites the "normal" spelling will show up the info.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

elturko

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  19:56:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I do use the english imdb-site, tried carnivale as well, did not work.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  20:18:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it only with Carnivale? Or are there other tv series than can't be found?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

elturko

59 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  20:29:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've been trying to look for a tv-series with special chars, couldnt find any other. Carnivale is though the only one with a special character in the list, and I remember, that, a couple of years ago, it was exactly the same pproblem, though there was a workaround for it, which I unfortunately do not remember anymore. (release 4 or 5 that was)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  21:30:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ouch, that's really long ago. But I can't see any reason why the script doesn't find the title. Maybe the #MOVIETITLE# has to be prepared to exchange "ā" to "a". Have to check tomorrow if no other is quicker than me...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  10:45:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, that's a job for someone who knows more than me... I can't find out why this series will not be found. Sorry.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07