New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  18:45:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I tried to import with the IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7 the TV Show: "The Young and the Restless" but the Awards don't get imported because of a Magic Script Bug.

If i try it with the Magic Script Editor it jumps directly after trying to load the Awards Page (http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0069658/awards) in Script Line 2703:

#OPENNEWWEB#=#26#

into to #CUSTOM3# Block Maybe the Award Page for this long-running Show is to big (to many Lines).

And there is another unrelated Problem with Shows with that many Episodes: The Episode Chooser Dialog takes practically forever to fill with all the Episodes, in this Time XMM is practically unusable and must be terminated via the Task-manager if you don't want to wait until the next Day for the List to fill...

Edited by - Prinz on 19 Mar 2011 18:53:17

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  02:28:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Prinz.

You are right, the Award is terribly slow. I have try with Lost and the Engine make near 200.000 instruction to read the entire awards. I have think to make a "Faster" release for TV Show, like for the movies, and disable the import of awards.

About the Episode List, I can try to speed it up.

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  10:26:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

You are right, the Award is terribly slow. I have try with Lost and the Engine make near 200.000 instruction to read the entire awards. I have think to make a "Faster" release for TV Show, like for the movies, and disable the import of awards.

Slow is the Awards import for both movies and tv shows, it simply depends on the amount of awards. Since you have to read the html file line for line to import the awards correctly.

My problem is that the TV Show "The Young and the Restless" doesn't work at all because the magic script engine jumps out of the #AWARDS# Block after trying to download the the awards page from imdb without executing any more instructions in the block and therefor doesn't import any Awards.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  19:31:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I thought i little bit about the problem with the award import. One Big problem is that IMDB.COM puts many empty Lines in it. I would think a new function like:

#READNEXTNONEMPTYLINE#

could help a lot. This function should go to next non empty Line in the HTML Text. Lines with only Whitespace, Tabs should also be treated as empty lines.

I don't know if such a function is easy to make in XMM and must be a lot quicker as the Magic Script equivalent that i use at the moment:

#PUT#=#14#
:CICLEAWARDS
#READNEXTLINE#
#TAKEWORD#=#10#,#00#,#00#
#CHECKVARIABLE#=#10#
#TRIM#
#IF# #10#==#14#
#GOTO#=CICLEAWARDS
#ENDIF#

Edited by - Prinz on 02 Apr 2011 19:52:01
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  20:03:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Even better:
#READNEXTLINE# automatically skips empty lines. Or are there any HTML parts that must have empty lines?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  22:06:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No changing the #READNEXTLINE# is not a good idea. Because Lines that have only Spaces or Tabs can be useful in some cases and changing this existing function would break some the exiting scripts. For example sometimes at the moment multiple #READNEXTLINE# functions are in some scripts.

Example:

#READNEXTLINE#
#READNEXTLINE#

If Ale would change the function, the script would jump to the wrong line now.

Edited by - Prinz on 02 Apr 2011 22:07:10
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  22:17:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, convinced!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  01:29:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to implement this new function, that skip the line if contains nothing or only spaces.

#READNEXTNONEMPTYLINE#

Thank you for the suggestion!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  02:38:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's really unbelievable how many empty lines are on the imdb.com awards page.

Example "Lost" (TV Show) Awards Page:

Only the relevant lines: 9956 Lines

After removing empty lines with linux command:
grep -v "^\s*$" org.html > rem.html

4215 Lines

Which means 5.741 empty Lines and the File size was reduced from 205kB to 139kB.

That is also a huge waste of there server bandwidth.

Edited by - Prinz on 03 Apr 2011 02:39:04
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  15:52:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is only one problem with this new function #READNEXTNONEMPTYLINE# .

If scripts change to this new function old XMM versions will end up in a endless loop with this functions, because old XMM Versions don't know that function and will loop on the same line forever...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  16:08:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would suggest to make a second script with a Version in filename like the V7 for TV Shows.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2011 :  16:46:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have a solution for that problem. Don't add a new function just add a parameter to the existing function #READNEXTLINE# like this:

#READNEXTLINE#=1

Old/current version will ignore the =1 and just go to the next line. The new XMM Version should go to the next non-empty line if =1 is added as a parameter. So there are no endless loops.

So you don't need to program and maintain 2 Scripts, in old/current XMM Versions the import would be simply slower as in future XMM Versions.

Edited by - Prinz on 03 Apr 2011 16:46:31
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  01:11:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's a good suggestion JDommi!

I will try to add it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  01:01:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have modify the #READNEXTLINE# as suggested by JDommi.

This is the result:

Inception:
Instructions executed with old/new #READNETLINE#:
74644/62819

With Matrix:
56664/49009

The Script can be improved by removing empty lines in script, or maybe by removing some instructions. I will take a look.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  09:20:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To each saint his candle: it was Prinz' idea!

Just send a new magicscript.htm to Ale.
Accordingly to #READNEXTLINE# the command #READPREVIOUSLINE# should be modified, too.

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 06 Apr 2011 13:53:24
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  15:31:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi
#READPREVIOUSLINE#

That function doesn't work at all. As long as i can remember it never worked.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  20:16:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats strange, I use it in the XGM and XBM and seem to work. I will check.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  23:04:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow Prinz,

with latest release of script the cycles of awards section (Inception) fall down to 38.000 instead of 62.000!

Good job with script!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  23:15:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry guys, my mistake.

the #READPREVIOUSLINE# doesn't exist!

I will create it. I was think to #FINDPREVIOUS#

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2011 :  23:20:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do we need that command anyway? I don't think so!
But maybe we could need such funtion some day...

What really would be a good thing: implementing a post command

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 06 Apr 2011 23:24:11
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2011 :  01:16:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, indeed a post command will be useful... but I don't know how to do it right now

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07