Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 THETVDB.COM Import Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  21:55:31  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a problem importing from THETVDB.COM. It imports the overall information, but it does not import any episodes information. Neither the names nor the episodes descriptions were imported alltough it is all on the webside.
Any idea why or what i can do apart from manual import.

Thank you!

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:01:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You first have to add and save the new TVShow. After that you can add the single episodes and the complete info.
If not - then the site has changed it's structure and the script has to be modified.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:16:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Site hasn't changed anything for a very long time and it's working.

There are working on a completely new site for over a year now, so i don't think the will change anything on the old site...
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:27:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Do I have to import each episode separatly or can I import all of them at one time after an initial import of the TVShow?

The Magic script window does not even offer me any episodes to choose from. I can choose my TV show, then it shows some genaral information and the button "Ausgewählte Links übernehmen" flashes, later it flashes "Ausgewählte Serienfolgen übernehmen" but without anything to choose from. Altought all the informations are on the Webside.
I tried different TV Series, allways the same.

Thank You!

Edited by - zukkara on 19 Mar 2011 22:30:21
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:33:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can add all episodes you want. But first the show must already exist in your database.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 19 Mar 2011 22:34:12
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  22:58:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I imported the show. But on a second run, it doesn't offer me any episodes.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  23:22:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please check if the checkbox for show is really set.
Try to add new episodes from within the edit window (the second tab after doubleclicking the show).
As Prinz has said the script works and for me the import works, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2011 :  23:24:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tested it now twice, it's working for me.

Do you have UMTS or some other Provider that compresses Text (HTML) Data to save Bandwidth? (This would make the HTML Files unusable for XMM)
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  00:19:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok i'm in the edit window on the episode tap, all my episodes are filled in, but without any information inside. The checkbox for TV show (Dies ist eine Tv Serie) is checked. Then I either press "Serienfolgen hinzufügen, automatisch aus dem Internet" or "Internetupdate" the same will happen. The MagicScript Impoprt Engine opens, THETVDB.COM is already marked and I hit "Start", next Window shows many Show in alphabetical order. I choose the right one, the webside opens in my browser, the MagicScript Impoprt Engine flashes "Ausgewählte Links übernehmen", I hit that, and the window shows general information for my TV show. And then some Downloads are executed. After a while the window shows "Aired Episodes Order: List of Episodes found:" at the bottom flashes "Ausgewählte Serienfolgen übernehmen" but the list is empty! Nothing to choose from! If I press "Ausgewählte Serienfolgen übernehmen" anyway, nothing happens. No information or title was added to the episodes in my list.

I don't realy see where the mistake lies. Any Ideas?
Thank You!

Edited by - zukkara on 20 Mar 2011 00:31:57
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  00:46:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think that anything gets compressed. I'm on a highspeed cable modem and have no problem importing information for feature films from IMDB for example. And from THETVDB.COM it imports some general information for my TV Show, but all the episodes cards are left empty, no information is added there. They only show the codec information from the HDD import scan and the episodes numbers from my file names. I tried for "Rome (English)" and "Futurama" on THETVDB.COM
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  01:25:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by zukkara

I tried for "Rome (English)" and "Futurama" on THETVDB.COM

I just tried both. Both are working without a problem here.
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  08:30:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And they show you all the single episodes to choose? And fill in the episodes card with all the informations?
I wonder why it is not working here? Looking at my process above, do you see any mistakes?

Thank you!

Edited by - zukkara on 20 Mar 2011 08:31:40
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  08:33:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just a try:
Check the options for overwriting previously imported data/import only empty data. Maybe the first import has stored blank info for some reasons.
And do a test, please. Add a tvshow (only the name) and save it. After that do the import from thetvdb.com.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

zukkara

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  10:32:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank You JDommi!
Now it worked. I checked overwrite previously imported data and delete old direct links, then it worked flawlessly.
Whatever the reasons were.

Wish you a nice sunday
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07