Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Make "Returned" all the movies with same mediaID
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2011 :  01:47:02  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello
Currently if you wish to loan a cd, with all the movies on it, you press on "Loan" and then there is an option: "Make "loaned" all the movies with same mediaID (catalog no.)"
BUT!
The oposite option doesn't exist when i wish to return a movie.
If i return a cd, i expect all the movies with the same catalog number will also be returned.

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 17 Apr 2011 22:13:18

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:15:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you already have tested if it is a changing function like seen/unseen?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:33:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What do you mean?
what i did test is that:
i put some movies under the same catalog no.
then i loaned it to someone, while doing that there was a check box with said: if i want to loan all the movies under this catalog number. i checked it. and the loan was complete. all the movies with that catalog number became loaned. then i chose one of those movies i loaned and returned it. all the others movies with the same catalog number remained loaned.

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 17 Apr 2011 22:39:51
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:36:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I mean that you should test if the function toggles the checkbox for "Loan".
The function "Seen/Unseen" behaves that way.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:49:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The loan function toggles the field "loan". but only for the specific movie i return. not the others with the same catalog number.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:52:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think you have to select all movies with this catalog no.
Just filter them, mark all and set them to returned.
On the other hand: If the loan function asks explicitly for the catalog number it should work viceversa, too.
Therefor it is a missing function (or maybe a bug).
You should report that in the bug section, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  10:30:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to fix it.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  06:02:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To quickly do that you can use the Loan Manager, with this you can sort all movies with the same CatalogNo and return all together.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  21:26:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why can't you make an option which returns all the movies with the same catalogue number when returning one of them? if it works that way when loaning why not doing the same when returning? it's not logical to do that in only one direction and not both.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  21:41:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Because it's possible to get back the movies one by one and not the whole bunch at once.
That should only be an additional option.

*Edit*
In the case of someone has the same id on different media!

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 29 May 2011 21:42:36
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  21:46:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
if they are on the same cd how is it possible to return them seperately?
i like the option you suggested, in the loan process that option exists, not on returning

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 29 May 2011 21:50:29
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  22:33:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does as example double DVDs have the same catalogue number?
But anyway the option should exist.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07