Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2011 :  10:08:56  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Here is a short summary of the existing Custom fields and a suggestion for new fields:

*Edit*
Status of the movie like in XMB: complete/incomplete in collection, wanted, (pre-)ordered...
*/Edit*

C1: IMDB-TOP250
C2: Release Dates
C3: Editor
C4: Repository
C5: Budget
C6: Revenue
C7: Awards (number)
C8: IMDB Link
C9: AKAS Titles
C10: Goofs
C11: Trivia

new:
-Series-
C12: Trivia of Season (text field > 250 chars)
C13: Character info (text field > 250 chars) should be available for every role in the movie (in later release)
C14: Serie Tunes (text field > 250 chars)
C15: Status of a Series (boolean or tristate for Ended, Continuing, deposed) overlays some buttons on the edit window
C16: Poster of Season (text field) - implements #TAKESEASONPOSTER# and a new category in CoverManager
-Movies/Series-
C17: Original/Remake (boolean) DONE
C18: Prequel/Sequel/SpinOff/Parallel (??? example: CSI) (text field/dropdown)
C19: All country specific ratings (MPAA, FSK, etc.)
c20: "Filmography/Movies in Database" related to a series and vice versa with link if already in db
c21: chain of movies/series similar to Boxsets (Alien, Babylon 5, Critters, etc.)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 17 Apr 2011 10:06:25

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2011 :  10:50:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi
C16: Poster of Season (text field) - implements #TAKESEASONPOSTER# and a new category in CoverManager
-Movies/Series-

That is not a Custom Field and can't be added this way, because this information is not on any Level that is in the Database. It's not TV Show specific (every show has more than 1 Season) and not Episode Level specific. There would have to be a new Level (Table) between those to created (Season Level) with Season specific info and the magicscript function somehow has to have 2 parameter to spezifiy the Season number. The Cover Manager for Season has has to have Season specific sub category. Last bug not least the Movie Card has to add i would say 2 Variables for the Season Covers (Basename and a Variable with an array: number of Images per Season) The Basename has to be the same for all Season Covers of a TV Show only the Season Number and a consecutive number per Season has to be added at the end.

In this new Table (Season Level) also the
quote:
C12: Trivia of Season (text field > 250 chars)

should be added, since this is also Season specific and therefor multiple times necessary per TV Show. (Import function also has to have 2 Parameters to specify the Season Number)

And with long text fields you mean a memo field.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2011 :  11:03:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, you're right.
I would even suggest to "free" all custom fields and change them to fixed fields.

And with long text fields you mean a memo field.
True, too

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  04:00:12  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There's one more field I would add which links the series to one or more Movies. Take for example the Series "Stargate SG-1" which lead to 2 direct to DVD movies. "Lost in Space", 24 and "Get Smart"
are a couple of others.
As I said, I'm not sure if the effort to add this Link Field it justified based on the volume of potential uses.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2011 :  07:34:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have added this request to my list above. What will be usefull and practically has to be discussed

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  10:57:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I think that is better, instead of adding the new field for the custom 1-11:

C1: IMDB-TOP250
C2: Release Dates
C3: Editor
C4: Repository
C5: Budget
C6: Revenue
C7: Awards (number)
C8: IMDB Link
C9: AKAS Titles
C10: Goofs
C11: Trivia

to change their "name" in the english.ini file.

This because all scripts and all data inside the database are already filled.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  11:11:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Will the variable on the HTMLCards still be CustomX?
A mix would not be a good solution...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  13:03:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, the name of the variable inside the DB yes. For the MovieCards, the _MOVIE_CUSTOM_ will remain, but will be used only for these specific fields.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

tonycole

87 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  12:05:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

Will i need to edit my custom moviecard for these changes or will the fields stay the same.?

thanks
Tony

"My god it's full of stars."
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  10:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

after "occupying" the custom fields with the IMDB stuff (which I also use), what about giving us a set of new custom fields?

BTW: C7 Awards (numbers) seems to be dispensable for me as there is a detailed listing in awards field.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  11:53:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Excerpt from an email by Ale:
quote:
About the other fields, I hope to work on it asap. First I want finish with these new, fix all bugs and then move on.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  13:18:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@toycole:
No, you don't have to change anything!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  21:40:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would be great if Ale could add a ratings-base field, so that the Ratings-bars are always correct and a magic script function in the #RATING# and #EPISODERATING# Block:

#TAKERATINGBASE#=#??#

and a movie card variable:

_MOVIE_RATEDBASE_

So every script can add its base value for the rating, since every page has a different base 5, 10, 100 and so on.

Edited by - Prinz on 17 Apr 2011 21:41:05
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  22:12:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, that seems to be a real good idea.
I think Ale will have to do a lot in the next time...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  10:52:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Screenshots would also be a good additional field.

Also that the Chapter Field should change to Memo Typ... At the moment half the info is lost on import because it's only Text (250 Chars)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2011 :  11:09:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To pick that up again: there was already a discussion about the pictures - http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6775
Would be great if there will be more categories at all.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  05:51:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys, I am a bit in late with these new fields, I think I need some extra time to do that

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  09:48:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Take all the time you need! (But do it *lol*)

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2011 :  23:06:44  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can someone tell me what Editor and Repository might be used for?

Why is Repository a List Box?

Thanks
Norm
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  07:24:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Editor => Cutter of the movie. I don't know it's really long asigned to a custom field.
Repository: well, for faster finding the appropriate kind and as the picture must have the same name. Normally all possibilities should have go there. Like Spindle, Box, binder, case, etc...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  19:04:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We actually have two fields for this. Repository and Location. I used Location to say Blu Ray Shelf or Box Shelf for examples.

Things like IMDB Top 250 are pretty meaning less to me. I don't acquire movies based on that. Something like filming locations would interest me more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07