Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 Updating info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  21:17:15  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have entered several hundred movies into EMM. I have gone to the WWW and had EMM download information from IMDB.com for all of the movies. Since scripts have improved since I initially downloaded the info and since things like movie ratings have changed I would like to update all of the movie info.

Is there any way to select all of the moves, select a new script to run and to have EMM update the information about all of my movies at once? I would like to not have to re-select the proper move in the case of ambiguous move names since I have already done this once.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Steven

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  22:45:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think this is the easiest way:
1) First of all make sure that all movies are shown in the "movie list"
so don't use any filtering like "status", "type" or any of the "Find...." fields etc.
2) Click the "WWW" button (Import Information from Internet with Magicscript).
3) You will now have all your movies on your left side. Right-click on one in the list and choose "Select All".

then go to this page http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=772
and get the latest script and read the "Using the script for updating:" section in that thread.

I hope that was the info you wanted
EDIT:
I'm uploading a new script now. So wait until the "27.Aug" version is on-line.
EDIT2:
New script is on-line now.

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 27 Aug 2004 23:14:37
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2004 :  23:49:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That looks great. I am going to try it this weekend.

What happens if some of the movies selected have not been imported or they have been imported from something other than imdb? I hope it just ignores those.

Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  00:08:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well it takes whatever is in the "Site ID" field on the "Details" tab for every movie and adds that to the search string.
The script uses this string:
http://www.imdb.com/Details?#MOVIEUPDATEID#

For example the movie "The Godfather: Part II" has iMDB site ID 0071562 so the script will add it at the end of the search string like this:
http://www.imdb.com/Details?0071562
which will open the "Combined details" page for that movie.

It seems like iMDB always uses a seven number sequence for both the movies and actors ID.
So if the movie doesn't have a "Site ID" with a seven number sequence then it will fail to import.

If you want to be 100% sure then select the "Grid view" for the movies and look through the list to make sure that they all have a seven number sequence in the "InternetID" field and that the one next to it "ScriptUsed" starts with "[IMDB.COM]"
Even if you have a long list it won't take long to do

EDIT:
I forgot to add in the instructions that you should also check the "Don't Care About Page Not Found And Continue"
otherwise it will stop and wait for user input when the movie isn't found.

Edited by - FreaKBrother on 28 Aug 2004 00:13:57
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  00:14:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You sir, are a magician. It works great.

Actually, what I did to make sure that I only imported imdb movies was to do a quick search to get movies with "imdb" in the web link. I then clicked on the www button and selected the shows I wanted. That way I knew that they came from imdb originally.

You also seem to have cleaned up the plot field so that cr and lf do not give | in the plot text. VERY GOOD!

Thanks. Keep it up.
Go to Top of Page

FreaKBrother

97 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2004 :  00:20:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you
Hey that was a smart solution I'll update the instructions tomorrow to include that.
Much easier than what I wrote

Please post any bugs you find in the script in the other thread:
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=772
so we can make it better.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07