Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Wont recognise my dvd drive
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

CommanderQ
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  14:13:05  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When I go to check my dvd to add movies, it shows my F drive (DVD) but when I hit the button to scan it says, choose drive, and wont accept that drive.

Q

CommanderQ
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  14:14:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I reinstalled the program, with the same results. won't recognise drive

Q
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  15:26:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Windows has no problems with that drive?
Do you have checked the settings for the drive scan?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

CommanderQ
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  16:03:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i used that same drive to burn the avi files on it. windows has no problem with it. it shows in explorer, plays files, Nero no problems.
setting for drive scan? not sure what that means. The boxs says select Drive F. and when I hit the go start button, is there a cd/dvd, i answer yes, and it says, select a drive. over and over......

Q
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:03:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Stupid question, but is it a "real" DVD or burned AVIs on the medium you have tried to import?
Maybe you have not to import from DVD but import movies from folder...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

CommanderQ
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:27:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it is a data dvd with 4 avi files on it. not a dvd movie. data files avi i have been using this program for a few years, and have not had this problem. burning the same type of files, entering the files in the database the same way.

Q
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  18:08:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale has rewritten the whole scan procedure from scratch. So it could be possible that the handling is a bit different. Unfortunately I can't give you a solution as I never have used that routine. But I would suggest to try importing from folder as workaround as long as Ale will tell more.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2012 :  07:30:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry for late reply!

If I have understand correctly XMM seem to work like always but do not detect any movies inside.

Is it possible that these movies already exist in the database? Try to create a new empty database and try again.

Let me know,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07