Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 HTML not showing actors thumbnails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BBBBrett
Starting Member

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2012 :  12:33:03  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have just added a lot of movies and subsequently lots of actors and today i got a message pop up that said the actors html was slowing it down and had been turned off. Something to that effect anyway, it was very quick. The result being I now get only icons instead of the tiny pics of the actors on the HTML card. I would like to be the judge of whether or not it is too slow. Can anybody please tell me how to turn it back on. I actually like seeing the little thumbnail and not the actor icon. Help with this would be much appreciated.

BBBBrett

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2012 :  13:27:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
On top of the HTML Card there is a link "Actors". Just click on it and XMM toggles between not/viewing the actors' pics.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

BBBBrett
Starting Member

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  02:14:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmmmmm, Thank you for the reply but I just tried that and it quickly scrolls down to the actors but still only shows the icons. I tried this several times and still no go. It was showing them OK when I only had a maximum 25 actors but when I noticed that a lot of major actors are not listed in the top 25 in some movie's I changed it to 55 (I think it's 55 on IMDB complete) Now I have 22,000 odd actors in the database, which is great, but no thumbnails for actors. Maybe I will have to just accept it?

BBBBrett
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  07:27:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have move this option to show/hide in the Right-Click context menu of HTML Card.

Please let me know if work.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

BBBBrett
Starting Member

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  15:22:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

When I right click-inside the HTML card all I get is my browser right-click menu as I would if I right-clicked in Chrome, my default browser. But... If I click any links (IMDB etc) inside the card it opens with IE.

I do not know why this is, could I have a file type association wrong? It has been like this since I installed EMM I think.

I really liked those little thumbnails. :-( Lol.

Brett

BBBBrett

Edited by - BBBBrett on 12 Apr 2012 15:23:24
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  16:08:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BBBBrett

When I right click-inside the HTML card all I get is my browser right-click menu as I would if I right-clicked in Chrome, my default browser. But... If I click any links (IMDB etc) inside the card it opens with IE.

I do not know why this is, could I have a file type association wrong? It has been like this since I installed EMM I think.

That because you are clicking a link inside IE. XMM uses IE as the rendering engine, it's just a different User Interface and any browser opens links in the same browser.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  16:49:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the options menu you have the possibility to switch between XMM's own popup menu menu and the normal browser popup menu.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

BBBBrett
Starting Member

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2012 :  02:28:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you JDommi everything is all good with the world. I have my right-click menu and actors thumbs.

:-)

BBBBrett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07