Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Is this a Virus?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lamebrain
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  21:21:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Ale,
When I tried to access Movie Manager 7 today I got the following from my Online security Software.

AVG Resident Shield

Found Luhe.Fiha.A C;\....\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\Plugins\Episoden\Episoden.exe.

Is this as reported or a false/positive?
Thanks

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  21:56:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This plugin hasn't been updated. So it's definitively no virus in the original file.
Please check these info (from my original compilation):
File size: 674 KB (690.688 Bytes)
Last Modified: Friday, 25. Dezember 2009, 12:15:42

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 17 Apr 2012 21:58:40
Go to Top of Page

lamebrain
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  22:30:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi)
The reported size is actually 675kb and while checking it the virus warning camee up again.Is it possible for me to just replace the file or shall I do a full replacement of eXtreme Movie Manager?
I have checked it with another malware prog which shows up nothing untoward.

Edited by - lamebrain on 17 Apr 2012 22:35:36
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  07:15:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://www.mediafire.com/?k9c453m5leod489
If AVG continously shows the warning, just ignore it.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

lamebrain
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  10:29:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi,
I've re-downloaded the latest ver available on the site,completely removed the troublesome installation and re-installed and so far everything is a-okay.
Thanks for your assistance
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  11:57:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey, I got this AVG message too! Still using v. 7223, haven't had an alarm before; probably the last AVG update introduced some false alarm.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  15:40:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
apd, please try to download the version from my link above and copy it to the plug-in folder of XMM.
Just to be sure that it depends on AVG. But as lamebrain said the problem should be resolved after a fresh XMM installation...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  13:10:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, the new .exe also triggers an AVG alarm for Luhe.Filha.E
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  14:21:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then it is a false alarm. Avira has shown a virus on one of my plug-ins (was it the same?) at the beginning. But then they have changed something so that it wasn't alarmed anymore.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jwhoopi
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  18:03:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also am receiving an infection message.
Virus: luhe.fiha.A on episoden.exe

From AVG.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  19:10:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As said before: it's a false alarm.
Avira and Komodo doesn't say that it is a virus.
Maybe someone should send the file to AVG to check it directly.
Unfortunately I doesn't have the sourcecode anymore to be 100% sure. But I have 3 versions of the file and they are all identical.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07