New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  15:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

in the other thread I made some suggestions concerning the new arrangement of data fields and after the last alpha brought only some changes and no real improvements I want to extend now my suggestions (although maybe nobody want to hear it). The aim is: reduction of complexity, improvements in database design.

Main tab: boxset and upc can switch to DVD/VHS tab; optionally director can switch back. It's logical to put it to cast&crew, but directors have a special position.

cast&Crew: see other thread, IMDB-ID should come back from xMM7, other crew members should be added, tables need column headlines

Details: Number of awards doesn't need an own field, number can be listed in awards field, studio and distributor should have the same multiple field like cast&crew

Details2: Editor belongs to Cast&Crew (can be deleted and editor listed in "Other crew" table), Repisotory is for what?

Media: Split in "Audio&Subtitle" and "Video" tab according to my posting in other thread

DVD/VHS: see also other thread, Starting Position and Free Time can be cancelled (modern vsh recorders don't have number counters, free time can't be calculated automatically in xMM, therefore it's useless). VHS fans can use the custom fields for that stuff. What is Video DVD field for? What is keywords field for?(Keywords should switch to another tab and used for IMDB plot keywords or renamed into extras to list extras like http://www.preisburner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Harry-Potter-Collectors-Edition.jpg). In the other thread I made some suggestions concerning the DVD features. The aim of this is simple: I want to filter my DVD/Blu-ray according to DVD features, e.g. all releases with direcor's comment (when this can be realized with existing on-board means, there is no improvement neccessary); media year should be media date.

Fictures/Frames: ok, maybe merge this two tabs

Web: ok, WebID=IMDB-ID?
Custom: ok, will more custom fields appear? (I've read something in the language file) Yes, I will add back all 11 custom fields

Personal: I want to have an addiotonal field "Gift" with checkbox for media that were not purchased, purchase price should support curreny, see details should be extended (seen history, multiple data entries)

Files: File/Trailer table need column headlines, disc table according to my posting in the other thread should be integrated (multiple disc support), renaming into Files&Discs

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 18 Sep 2012 15:19:16

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  15:39:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Mawu,

I will try as many changes as possible... of course I don't know how many

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  15:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Make it tab by tab. When it's done for the next years all requirements are covered.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  15:54:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You said next millennium?

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2012 :  17:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
You said next millennium?

No I'm just kidding. Not later than the end of the year I'will have new ideas. Now I'm shifting my attention to other parts of the program. Seriously all of the relevant movie related data are now covered with my suggestions. Some stuff related to video on demand can be integrated additionally, but maybe in an improved loan manager (list of current and already lent movies, management of return dates, cost management, connection with online distributors)

Bye byte and Happy Coding
Mawu

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  00:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just installed the alpha 14 but I still can't edit on the Editors Main page: Language, Country, Genre and SubGenre.

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2012 :  01:26:11  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Battlestar Galactica the Seasons are named with 2.2 but I can't write the "."

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2012 :  10:44:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The season is not 2.2!
This season is splitted into 2 distribution parts. Therefor you have to set it as the name of a boxset containing episodes 1 to 11 as 2.1 and 12 to 22 as 2.2. But the season is always 2.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2012 :  07:45:42  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's true, I can write it like this.

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  14:19:09  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is still the problem, that I can't edit the Genre, SubGenre, Language and Country in Details 3.

The edit window in XMM 8 is much smaller then in XMM 7 why? That makes it not really good to use, all fields are so small. In Details the fields are so small, that I can't edit or read anything, same for Cast and Crew.

But I have also to say, that the edit window is now much better, more tabs makes it more clear. To understand how it works in compare and import to/from XMM 7 it's not so easy.

Edited by - Saphir on 05 Oct 2012 15:31:59
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  15:29:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, a stupid bug, I will fix in next release.

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  16:21:27  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Alessio.

I don't really understand how the "Audio" tab is working. In the picture you can see how the import is looking but that can't be how it should be or?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt9pb252uuvt23l/XMM8-1.JPG

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  17:49:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, its OK... I mean that for this movie you have only one audio track. If you load a movie with more audio tracks it will be listed here.

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  22:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And this is wrong Alessio. I have two Audio Tracks which you can see in "Audio Codec".

Edited by - Saphir on 05 Oct 2012 22:37:30
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  22:26:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, I will take a look... this is the converted db from V 7, right?

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  22:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is right. I'm wondering from where in the XMM 7 database XMM 8 will know how much tracks I have.

Edited by - Saphir on 05 Oct 2012 22:42:08
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  22:42:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, its not easy... the best way would be re-read codec, otherwise during conversion I tyr to create audio tracks from the "flat" data inside XMM 7

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  23:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Alessio

I think for media language and Audio Format the fields are generally comma-separated. Maybe you can split them into the corresponding Streams.

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  00:24:55  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think to get a proper import there is a lot of handwork involved :-( If I make a re-read I have to use extra time and my changes are gone :-(

Edited by - Saphir on 06 Oct 2012 02:32:22
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  01:04:02  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Saphir
I think with all my feature requests I'm responsible for all the changes in XMM you dislike
But imho the way XMM8 now handles the audio streams is much better. And the data are stored in the same fields than before.
Btw.: Bist du der Saphir aus dem Helium-Forum?

Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  02:39:56  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
no no mawu, I like the changes you asked for they are really good. But I think it's not easy to get the old database in your new fields in the way they should be in there. And yes the data are in the same fields, but they shouldn't be in the same fields anymore or?

Ja der bin ich mawu, die Welt ist klein

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07