Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Movie Webupdate empties previous people info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  00:44:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Version: XMM 8.0.1.0

Preconditions:

- MagicScript: "Add Values only if the Field is Blank" = checked
- Default Script for Movies: IMDB.COM (Fastest)
- Default Script for Actors (People): IMDB.COM

- Existing Movie with some information (but especially: Actors missing / incomplete)

- Existing Actor which is not listed in the movie above but has detailed information stored in the database

Scenario:

Update the movie with "Update from Web"

Expected Result:

(1) Actors are added (and most likely some other information).
(2) For the existing actor there will be another movie entry under movies in database (in card view); exisiting information is kept.

Actual Result:

(1) Seems to be OK.
(2) Previous information including image link (not the actual image, it's still there) is no longer there - only empty fields. Exception: SortName field (which I like very much and obviously isn't used in scripts).

This makes using XMM 8 beta a very risky thing if you happen to have data in actor standard fields which is no longer available on the net (or if you added your own comments) and I wonder if it wasn't a bit early to promote XMM 8 within the update window of XMM 7.

I know the recommendation was not to import actor information from XMM7 to XMM 8 at all but that was not acceptable (for me).
--
Update: Seems like it does not happen when IMDB.COM (Complete) gets used for the update. Strange.

Edited by - yan00s on 11 Oct 2012 03:37:45

big-red
Starting Member

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  07:35:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As I previously reported, I'm having a similar issue. I update the actor details from IMDB.COM (actors). Then add a different movie which contains the same actor using IMDB.COM (Fastest). All previously stored information for that actor is wiped away. If the IMDB.COM (complete) script is used when adding a new movie, the details stay, but sometimes (??) a second photo is added to the actors profile.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  13:46:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you guys, I will investigate...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07