Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Scripts
 Progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  12:08:15  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've just been adding some TV series to my database., the process is pretty slow but works fine except . . . . . . .
Once the script starts to import the actual episodes there is no way of monitoring progress. OK the XMM window updates with each episode but once you get more episodes than fit in the window (about 24) you cant see what is going on because you cant activate that window to move the slider down to see what the last episode imported was. Better if, when each episode was imported, the list was updated (which it is) and scrolled up one lie so that the last episode imported was visible at the bottom of the window.

I am looking at one situation now where I am importing the 98 episodes of Burn Notice. HTe script has been at it for a long time (> 1 hour). The script window shows
"waiting for episodes" in the LH panel
"Stop Importing" below the list of episodes that I selected
"Take selected episodes" is flashing
Now I have no idea how long this has to go, which episode it is on or whether it has even 'got stuck'

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  12:46:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
UPDATE: May be this should have been under bugs.
After a couple of hours I hit the Stop Importing button to see what I had which was seasons 1-5 which looked correct and then back to series 1 episodes 1.1, 1.2 etc. I dont know if this is because series 6 is not complete but
1. it looks like a script bug
2. its a clear example where being able to see progress and what was actually being imported would have been a great help

PS After looking at another series and then back to Burn Notice, all the episodes have disappeared!!!

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination
Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  12:48:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
PS Sorry, should have said - I was importing from IMDB using the standard script

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07