Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 LiveUpdate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Madhouse
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  00:32:22  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
When I use liveupdate in XMM 8.0.1.0, the eXtreme Movie Manager.exe
( v. 8.0.1.1 ) file installs in the ProgramData\Binaryworks\XMM8 folder.
It has to be in the Program Files (x86)\Extreme Movie Manager 8 folder, otherwise XMM 8 (8011) will not execute.

Further, I like the new version of XMM and hope it will be as good as XMM 7 is.

Greetings,
Madhouse.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  11:10:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It installs in the ProgramData because in Windows vista ,7,8 if you are not an administrator XMM cannot write files under Program Files(x86)

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

chaosID
Starting Member

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  13:27:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I have started the program as administrator and I had the same problem.
I had to copy only the execute file form "C:\ProgramData\Binaryworks\XMM8" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8" directory and it works.

Edited by - chaosID on 10 Oct 2012 13:28:54
Go to Top of Page

aminchew
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  22:24:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Most other commercial, shareware or freeware programs manage to install in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) correctly. What can't eXtreme Movie Manager?

Edited by - aminchew on 10 Oct 2012 22:24:44
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  01:28:52  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I can't install the update. If I try it XMM tells me I MUST CLOSE XMM before but how? Why it's not closing automatically. It comes then an error message that XMM is not working anymore and it's closing. After this the update will start the installation. The path where it will be installed ("C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8") seems to be correct but the update doesn't install. If I open XMM afterwards it shows me in the top the old version 8.0.1.0

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

chaosID
Starting Member

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  06:32:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Saphir,
the execute file, which is missing in the folder will be extract in "C:\ProgramData\Binaryworks\XMM8". You have to copy it in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8" directory.
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  10:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ahh now I have 8.0.1.1. I think it's better not to have an live or auto update then this. Alessio if it doesn't work with an auto/live update give the user a hint that there is a new version and let them download it by themselve.

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  13:21:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will try to add...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07