Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Rating has been truncated!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tkakanowski
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  20:30:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
All of my movies (1837) are now only showing ratings in whole numbers, no decimal accuracy. This is a huge deal! Is this just a presentation issue, or has the actual data been corrupted during the upgrade from 7 to 8? Is there a config option somewhere to display Rating with greater accuracy? This truncation appears both in the Grid View and in the Add/Edit Movie form. This may have been reported previously, I saw a post that looked like it was similar, but the post was in Italian. Using XMM 8.0.1.1 on Win7 Ultimate X64, fully patched.

Also, I opened up the database, which indicated that Movies.Rating was decimal(18,0), looks like the schema has permanently destroyed the rating data. FYI, Personal Rating looks like it has the same issue. Please confirm if this is the case. I still have a backup of my old data, but I'm screwed right now for adding new movies because of this.

Edited by - tkakanowski on 11 Oct 2012 20:41:23

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  09:44:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I will try to find the bug and fix in next release.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

tkakanowski
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  02:20:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Performed full install of 8.0.1.2, re-imported the v7 database with non-truncated ratings, so far so good. Added ten movies, and waited for ScriptEngine to automatically populate, again all is good. Exported to iPhone, and checked there, unfortunately there is a problem here. Despite selecting the field for location and rating during the export, the export xml used the element "<PersonalRating>", and then populated this entity with Rating information (including one decimal place accuracy, hurray!). I was able to load the ratings correctly by modifying the export.xml file in the export and changing the element name tags to "Rating", so this should be a simple fix. In the "Movies" iPhone app they display as whole numbers, but this is somebody else's issue, and we are clearly sending the right data in the export.xml file.

I'm a little concerned that I now show a lower number of movies on my iPhone after adding 10 to my existing set, but will dig into that another time!

FYI, Personal Rating still has this issue, and the field Movies.PersonalRating is still showing as a Decimal(18,0), but I can't find a UI field for this, so perhaps this one isn't really an issue.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  05:06:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

There is an option if you want export to Personal Rating the "Rating" or "Personal Rating" directly in the Window to Export your collection.

So you can decide what Rating you want export.

Let me know if I haven't understand.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

tkakanowski
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  18:09:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio, I had already understood that, this is an exercise I do weekly. I had selected "Rating", but the XML exported used the element <PersonalRating>. It did however populate with the data from the Rating column. The issue is the element name being used in the export, not the source of data from Rating or Personal Rating.
Go to Top of Page

cellofan
Starting Member

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  01:20:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
installed v. 14 and the rating lost the comma ex: rating 7,2 => 72
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  08:28:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Lost during conversion from V 7 ?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

cellofan
Starting Member

Italy
39 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  11:15:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
no,just upraded from v .13
Go to Top of Page

FilmFan
Starting Member

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2012 :  16:34:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send FilmFan an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In v8.0.1.5 -> No comas in Ratings
After a new import of the ratings (from imdb.com), xmm shows the right rating e.g. 7,6 - when I close xmm and reopen it, the ratings are shown as 76...

---------------
EMM 8.1.9.0
Win7x64

Edited by - FilmFan on 20 Oct 2012 16:45:24
Go to Top of Page

Giaki
Starting Member

Italy
7 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2012 :  19:13:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FilmFan

In v8.0.1.5 -> No comas in Ratings
After a new import of the ratings (from imdb.com), xmm shows the right rating e.g. 7,6 - when I close xmm and reopen it, the ratings are shown as 76...

Same thing. Please fix that, thank you.
Go to Top of Page

FilmFan
Starting Member

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  13:26:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send FilmFan an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...the same error in 8.0.1.6

---------------
EMM 8.1.9.0
Win7x64
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  13:32:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please send to me your DB, I will fix it and send it back...

Go to Top of Page

FilmFan
Starting Member

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  01:53:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send FilmFan an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Please send to me your DB, I will fix it and send it back...

You are great, thank you. All Ratings are correct now...

---------------
EMM 8.1.9.0
Win7x64
Go to Top of Page

tkakanowski
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  00:56:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As of 8.0.2.0, still not able to view ratings of movies on iPhone.

SOLUTION SUMMARY: Replace XML Element <PersonalRating> with <Rating> in export.xml

INVESTIGATION DETAIL
I have selected rating (not personal rating) to be exported to RATING field, and media label to be exported to LOCATION FIELD. Ratings are being exported to an xml entity in the export.xml file entitled Personal Rating, and the values look correct.

i.e., <PersonalRating>6.3</PersonalRating>

The media labels are being exported to an xml entity in the export.xml file entitled Postion, again the values look correct.

i.e., <Position>AVI101213-01</Position>

After copying data over to iPhone, I clear and reload data from the new file (using the app Movies, as I have for quite a long time). Once the file has been processed, I can look at an individual movie's data, and see that what the UI is presenting as Location is in fact the media label. However, the Rating being presented in the same UI is consistently set to 0. I don't know what the root cause is, but as an experiment, I edited a rating on a movie, made a backup of the iPhone movie database, copied the file back to my PC and examined the XML data for the given movie. In this XML file, rating is stored in the element <Rating>9</Rating>.

Given the above, I replaced the XML entity <PersonalRating> with <Rating>, shipped the file back to my iPhone, cleared and reloaded the data, I am now able to see Ratings.

On a side note, all of the space characters are replaced with the HTML Entity #160; causing significant bloat in the file, I don't think this is a bug, its just an opportunity to improve data storage/flow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.56 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07