Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 command line commands for viewing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

don6558
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:37:45  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys,
great job.

How about a way to add command line commands for the video viewer. e.i. VLC allows users to use command line such as "VLC.exe [FilePath] --fullscreen --play-and-exit" (Shows movie specified in FilePath without VLC window borders or video controls. When movie is finished the viewer closes automatically)

Please visit www.videolan.org for complete information on VLC.

VLC also allows you to play a dvd file from the hdd. i.e. \....\Parent Folder(would contain the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders) By selecting the "Parent Folder" and selecting the Play with VLC context menu, the dvd file will play without having to record and play the dvd or otherwise "mount" the dvd file. Also available from command line.

As I'm writing this I'm thinking, if you could give us a way to optionally script the "launch viewer/watch movie code" from within the db application, we could customize each movie/tv viewer/show as needed. Maybe from the Edit/Add Movie Information dialog/Files tab. The Movie Files text boxes. Maybe scripts could go here?

Hope this is a clear enough explanation. Sometimes things are clear to me but gets lost in the explanation. If you think you might like the idea but arre not sure what I'm asking, let me know via email and I will send you a suedo code which could help.

Keep up the great work. I see great promise in this software of yours.

Don

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Don... I will take a look...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07