New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hotshot14167
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:28:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Support,
after the update to the new version 8.0.1.2 the program crashes on load or close. This is an main bug. There are a lot of bugs in the version 8, I will talk about this later after finish this.
Best regards Stephan

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:45:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Stephan.... Did you see any error message on the Toolbar at bottom?

If you are able to start XMM please go in the configuration window and enable the Debug mode... XMM will create an error log txt file. If you could send it to me would be wonderful.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hotshot14167
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:45:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'v now downgraded to the version 8.0.1.0 this works fine now. Please investigate about this issue.

Stephan
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:50:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just one thing... have you install the upgrade or the full release of 8.0.1.2?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

hotshot14167
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:57:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio, I can not find a debug mode. Please specify where I can find it.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  21:06:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Open the configuration window (File -> Options)... in the main tab you have a checkbox called "Debug Mode"

Now launch XMM, when error/crash occur XMM should have write an error log here:

C:\ProgramData\Binaryworks\XMM8\ErrorMessages.txt

Go to Top of Page

hotshot14167
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  21:11:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Update:
1.) I have installed the upgrade and this crashed on start up and can not start up the Moviemanager
2.) De-install the 8.0.1.2 and download the full version from the website
3.) Install the full version 8.0.1.2 can start the version but crashes on close
4.) Install the version 8.0.1.0 all fine
5.) De-install 8.0.1.0 and install 8.0.1.2 first look OK can start and close but all customized view are lost *grrrr*
-> what about the custom view?

Regards Stephan

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  21:20:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What do you mean for Custom Views? You mean the ability to save/Load Layouts?

I will try to add it soon...

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

hotshot14167
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  22:00:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio, by thge way I was very happy with the version 7. The best program for that what I want and you must know I have
search month to find a program to manage my movies. Now the version 8 is marvels. At first I think OK this is for Windows 8
what will released on Oct, 26 2012. Are you ready for this? Pic 1 "debug mode"?
Pic 2 "Custom View" this works very fine in the Version 7 and a "MUST" for me and I do not understand why it is now unnavigable???
Regards Stephan
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  22:10:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Version 8.0.1.3 sometimes crashes when i close the program, and it never saves my changes in options or layouts, so when i start the program it reverts back to the default settings.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  02:57:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Still can't use xmm8 due to it crashing every time i close it, and also it never saves my settings when i start the program up again.

I am using WIndows 7 64-bit Home edition.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  08:23:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please be sure that XMM runs as administrator. Right-click on the EXE and select "Run as administrator".

let me know,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:26:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, i've always had that option on.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:27:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please try the latest release and let me know...

Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:30:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am now updating to the latest version, something must be wrong becayse it's not getting the update, but the whole program in 69mb, so gonna take a while this. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:38:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, its normal

I have try to make XMM portable, so the update cannot be made, you have to download the full release.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:43:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok, now tried with the latest version and the same things happen. I changed around in settings and when i went to close the program it crashed once again.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  16:54:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, please send to me the Errorlog.txt file, to try to see what happen when you exit...

If you could send to me also a screnshot of the crash would be perfect.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  21:30:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think it's worth noting that the new version 8015 now installs all to "program files x86" folder and no longer installs to "program data" folder. I installed over the top of 8014 and couldn't understand why non of my js files worked plus I was getting DotNet errors all over the place. A clean install is a must and delete all previous installed files from the "program data" folder
Took me a good 30 minutes to unpick what was going on, I'm sure Alessio that your testing some of us HaHa
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  00:11:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thing is, i never get any error reports of any kind. The program simply crashes and windows can't find any information about it and i get no error report. :/
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  13:51:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The installation path is a really pain in the last Windows Operating System... for some works, other not...without any reason.

From the next release I will reinstall by default in "My Documents" folder... for sure here nobody will have problems.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07