Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Adding TV series box set
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

martel
Starting Member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  03:35:50  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am trying to add my collection of TV series. I have a number of DVD box-sets, when I enter them through "Add TV Shows/Add a BoxSet", the Script look in the Movie database and does not find the series.

If I enter a single episode through the "Add TV Shows", then the scrit goes through the TV database and find it.

Any suggestions?

How would you enter, for example, the first season of the series "The Vampire Diaries"?

Merci,
Yves

Yves Martel

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  05:52:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I suggest you to add at first the TV Show, by add the Title manually and then import all episodes you want/have.

Later add manually the Boxset and assign the TV Show to it.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  09:22:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same problem, Ale.
Boxsets for TV Shows contain mostly half or whole seasons but not the whole show.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

martel
Starting Member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  17:32:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hum...

Thanks for the answer but...

How do you "assign the TV show to it"?

Also, if you took the trouble of having "Add a BoxSet" option under both the "Add Movie" and "Add TV Show" icons, it seem logical to me that they should use a different script each.

The "Add a BoxSet" from the "Add TV Show" should use the TV Script instead of using the same Movie script as the other "Add a BoxSet" from the "Add Movie".

If not a different script each, then I beleive it should be the TV script for both! In my collection I have about 30 boxsets, only 3 of these contain movie collections, all the others are TV series.

Or maybe, in the "MagicScript" option, you should have a "Default Script for BoxSets" line?

Merci,
Yves
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  06:18:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are right, the Boxsets can use the Movie Script only... but this because a boxset can contain TV SHow, but its NOT a tv show, so you cannot add episodes to it but just other TV Shows.

I mean

BOXSET
|
|
->TV Show
|
|
->Episodes

To add TV Show to a boxset just right click -> Assign to a boxset

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  19:55:25  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
because a boxset can contain TV SHow, but its NOT a tv show, so you cannot add episodes to it but just other TV Shows.

In other words: for boxsets of tv-series there is no useful management in xMM possible. This was one of the weaknesses also in xMM7.
Now we have many data fields available for boxsets that we do not need (because they are for movies) but the most important things are missing.
When activating boxset checkbox xMM should "misuse" the episodes tab to list all movies or seasons&episodes related to this boxset (+ add/delete items from this list should be possible).

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 24 Oct 2012 19:56:28
Go to Top of Page

martel
Starting Member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2012 :  23:32:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
O.K. Thanks

Now I understand.

I do have a few comments on this, but I will take this discussion in the "Suggestions" section.

Merci
Yves

Yves Martel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07