Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Please get back Quick Edit view
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

micklecat
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  08:43:46  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
New versions lack Quick Edit view, it was very useful in old versions up to 7236. In version 8 Edit window opens on double click, but it contains very small portion of information on the main window. Language, country and genre are on Details3 tab, while it could be better to have them on the main window. But the most annoying thing is that I cannot place Edit window instead of MovieCard window. Still using 7236, it is better than 8017.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  09:07:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know yet if I will put the Quick Edit window back... I will let you know.

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

vladlp
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  22:58:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One more vote for Quick Edit with XtraLayoutControl.

From development point of view I would propose to merge Modal Edit Window and Quick Edit. If you add XtraLayoutControl to Modal Edit Window it will solve userdependent wishes about grouping/organizing elements.
If you then move XtraLayoutControl of Modal Edit Window to some container (custom control) than you could use it in Modal Edit Window and in Quick Edit dockable window, but it will remain the same control.

Vlad

Edited by - vladlp on 30 Oct 2012 22:58:52
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  15:45:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Vlad,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Josemi
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2012 :  08:26:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I agree with "micklecat". I hate the "bigcover...", I like QuickEdit View with tabs. And yes, I'm still using v7.2.3.6
Go to Top of Page

micklecat
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  16:27:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today I updated version 8 to 8.0.3.6 and wow! I noticed that on View tab a "Show/hide panels" button now has "Quick edit view" in dropdown menu! However, it doesn't work in current version; but now we have a hope that soon it will.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2012 :  11:16:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please delete the layout file "MainWindowLayout.xml", is that one that cause the problem.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

micklecat
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  21:52:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes it works, thank you! But where Country and Genre fields disappeared? They are oftenly needed when entering manually movies that not found in internet databases.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2012 :  07:45:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There isn't right now because are managed in a special way (checkboxes), I will try to add later.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

micklecat
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2013 :  07:56:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Director and Crew are missing here too :( Version 7 had very good Quick Edit!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07