Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 READ FILE should use File Info already in DB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  03:15:41  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It would be nice if when using the RE-READ FILE button in the ADD/EDIT window, the software would use the file information that's in the FILE tab to find and read the file information. In my case I have ALL of my videos on local storage and because of a configuration issue, I now have to re-read all of my movies in order to get the correct movie Length. Having to continually navigate from the XMM8 Location to the location of the Movie, which is already in XMM8, is a time consuming and painful process.

Norm

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  15:45:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

for such function you have to use the one in the Tools tab -> Collection Maintenance ->Movies -> Re-read codec.

Bye!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  01:01:58  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I used the function but I was speaking about what happens when you use the READ FILE button for individual Movies and how it would be nice if that button used the actual location information rather than manually locating the file. I assume that the READ FILE button is there to be used.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  10:49:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This button is ofr Adding new files, this is why do not re-read codecs again...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07