Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Device Scanner automatic files matching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2012 :  19:43:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
Is it possible to match the results of the scanner with the already existing titles in the databse? movies and episodes.

If i have movies in my database and the Device Scanner scans them from a hard drive it allows me to add the scanner results to the database as new titles, but i want to add the files to the existing once. and of course i don't want to Read Files of each movie one by one.

same story with tv-show's episodes.

the function should show matches automaticaly and let the user the option to acknowledge matches and to revise if necessary.

Cheers

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 06 Nov 2012 20:25:28

Trixster
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  15:30:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi kirill2785 I'm Trixster
sort of had this issue see this post:http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9892
I know you don't want to reread everything but.
I think there is a setting in options to "make the title like the file name" I have that set now. and I removed some word extension from the ignore list like 'ext' that caused the movie name to be different from the filename. Once I did this and re imported my database I've never had the problem again.
I hope this helps you out some.

When you ask God to make you stronger, HE does not turn you into Hercules,HE gives you obstacles to overcome.
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  18:08:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Trixster,
This doesn't help me. i want XMM to read multiple files and match them to the corresponding Movies/TV-Shows that are already in the database.
What you're suggesting is exactly the opposite: first reading files, and then importing info from web. it would be a waste of time for me.

Thanks anyway

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Trixster
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2012 :  23:55:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I apologize I misunderstood. I was responding from only my case, with my own database.

In my case, after having set up XMM(originally) the way it came, and letting it do it's thing,it would repeatedly try to add a movie or episode already present in my database because it had changed the name(eventhough I edited the file once it was read originally)
example: a movie called "Extreme" was imported as "reme" so I edited it back to "Extreme" but when scanner ran next it still tried to add the movie as before like it was new.
After playing around I solved the issue (in my case) like below.

Under options/Magic Script/Aditional options tab
I found set title like filename and checked.
Then under title cleaning I found a scroll box with an extensive list of words(so I removed them)
since doing so(in my case)Xmm does not try to reimport a movie or episode I had previously added,because it had changed the name it had for it.I can only say it no longer has the problem (in my case). I go for days adding movies,tv episodes,etc. to my external drive and then run XMM on my dayabase,everything is fine.(in my case)
What you're suggesting would be cool. If you could set up your filenames,seasons,series,etc. exactly as they are stored online that would be a great feature to have.Then I wouldn't have to play with this so much.
Sorry I couldn't help.

When you ask God to make you stronger, HE does not turn you into Hercules,HE gives you obstacles to overcome.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2012 :  08:19:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys,

I will try to find a way to add this function. It should work like this: when you scan for TV Shows, if an Episode of a Serie is already there I have just to update his File Info without add a new episode entry.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

johncvg
Starting Member

Belgium
21 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  11:51:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

This would be ideal especially as in my case I've moved from CD's to Media Server - all my titles are already in the database but the file path is always (of course) to the optical drive.

Now they are all on the server I need an easy way to match DB entry to file..

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  20:57:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, I haven't take a look yet, I hope to do it soon.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07