Movies not saving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  15:09:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately, I have to add to my previous post. I went to add 5 movies this morning and found out that only 2 of them got saved. Of the 2 that were saved, I added "DVD" to the location field and that did not save (via grid edit). I have not gone back into the program again to add the missing 3. I am concerned that my efforts might be wasted as I don't know what is being saved or not??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by alpakos0

That's exactly what happens to me after the last update.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  15:56:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Seems as if some manually inputs would destroy the possibility of the dataset's insertion.
Wrong field format?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 16 Nov 2012 15:58:16
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  16:44:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would not think that it is the wrong field format as it works sometimes and not others.....There is no rhyme or reason, really...

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Seems as if some manually inputs would destroy the possibility of the dataset's insertion.
Wrong field format?

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  10:26:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Just to understand better: you mean that 2 where saved with the new information and 3 not? or that you have add 5 movies but now you have only 2 in the database?

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  10:47:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have made new tests and probably I have found something interesting...

I have create a new movie... I have just give it the title, Matrix, then I have click on the Update from web...

The engine ask to select the directlink, I have select it.

Now as you know the Edit window close automatically to import the movie in background...

During this time I have edit the movie again and I have change a custom field. I have click on OK.

I have wait until the Script Engine finish to import info from internet...

At the end of import the previous data I have enter is gone.

[REASON]
When MagicScript start to import a movie it "freeze" the content of this movie and save in a Buffer.... when the import is finished, magicScript use the data inside the buffer to save the movie.

the result is that every change you have made during this time get lost...

As you can see if you click on the edit window during an import there is a warning in red that info you that the movie is currently imported by magicscript...

Please let me know if this is the case, I can try to find a workaround.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

alpakos0
Starting Member

Greece
18 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  13:00:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I never edit fields while importing info with the script :)
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  14:35:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, this is not the case right now. Initially, I was multi-tasking and then realized that the database does not save data if there is a directlink download in process. What I have been doing lately is adding/editing movies separately (not simultaneously).

I added 5 movies through the directlink process (individually) and then decided to get out of the software to see if they got saved. When I went back in, only 2 of the 5 got saved??

My other issue is that of the 2 that were saved, I edited the data through the grid and the change was not saved. However, sometime they are....no logic there either.

BTW - Just a thought, is there any way that when a directlink is done downloading, that it can keep the movie edit box open? I usually have to go in and update various data points and it is a pain to go and try to find the movie to reopen it....Just a quirk, no big deal

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

I have made new tests and probably I have found something interesting...

I have create a new movie... I have just give it the title, Matrix, then I have click on the Update from web...

The engine ask to select the directlink, I have select it.

Now as you know the Edit window close automatically to import the movie in background...

During this time I have edit the movie again and I have change a custom field. I have click on OK.

I have wait until the Script Engine finish to import info from internet...

At the end of import the previous data I have enter is gone.

[REASON]
When MagicScript start to import a movie it "freeze" the content of this movie and save in a Buffer.... when the import is finished, magicScript use the data inside the buffer to save the movie.

the result is that every change you have made during this time get lost...

As you can see if you click on the edit window during an import there is a warning in red that info you that the movie is currently imported by magicscript...

Please let me know if this is the case, I can try to find a workaround.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  14:37:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have updated to the latest version and I am still having issues with saving changes made directly to the grid. I get the error, "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". I then have to "repair" my database and it releases the error, but I have to re-input the change that caused the error to begin with. When I do re-enter, it does save at that point. Not sure if the magicscript process is not releasing the database in the right way for any future edits??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by jeff363

It seems that the update is saving the movies that I add through a search. However, if I manually edit a movie via the grid, for example, adding "DVD" to the location field, it sometimes does not save to the database when I exit the software....not sure why??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by alpakos0

Nope, never used it

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  17:27:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will focus on that... I do not use to change data directly in the grid, this is why probably I have not found the bug

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07