BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Here's a list

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
apd Posted - 24 Feb 2009 : 19:21:15
As promised, here's a first list of bugs. Some serious, some not so much. Take your pick.

GRID
Opening the Grid Manager to add or remove a column, results in resizing the columns automatically although I don't want them to.

When I use Select All (Ctrl+A) in the grid, the files are always deselected immediately the first time and I need to reselect.

When I change Multiple fields, the grid does not update correctly. In the MovieCard the details appear changed, but they do not show in the grid, unless I press Refresh.

SERIOUS: Other times, when I edit Multiple movies, the change is applied to only some of them. This is serious, because I have to double check if the command was executed correctly. It does not happen every time - it is unpredictable.

The key f5 is the standard winkey for Refresh - it should have this use in XMM (no Script 1 update). The same goes for F3 and Ctrl+F and all the standard Windows combinations.

In QuickEditView, pressing Tab to move around does not work serially; it takes us up and down. This must be fixed.

Also, when editing in QuickEditView the use of Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+tab work in non standard ways. For example, Ctrl+Tab should jump from Movie to Starring to Details, and Ctrl+Shift+tab backwards.

UPDATE SCRIPTS
The "Stop Import" button should stop the process at once. All I get is "Please wait until ALL procedures are finished". What's the use then?

Update with default script 3
When I select "Skip this Movie" or "Stop Import", the engine does not stop - it falls back to default script 2 and fills in the page accordingly.

SUGGESTION: When multiple cover files are imported (as in IMDB complete) the best resolution or highest size should be placed first.

Cover Manager:
When the window opens, the first file should be selected automatically.

Selecting more than one files should be possible (to delete together, not one by one).

When working in the Cover Manager, I should be able to proceed to the next movie without having to close the CV, then select another movie, open the CV and so on.

The folder for Covers must have a better structure. As it is, if I grab 3 frames for each movie and add 2 or 3 covers, I end up with a folder containing more than 2.000 files - this is unmanageable with Fastone or Irfan...

SERIOUS: When I delete a cover from the cover manager, the file is deleted from disk, but the filename (in Quick Edit View>Files>Cover) remains intact. This creates conflicts - cards with the same cover number.

Most of my cover files are saved as "ID No+Title". Lately, only the ID number is used. But if the dbase is renumbered to fill holes, the titles do not update (get renamed) and this potentially creates problems (updating covers conflict with ex-holes). It's not even practical to have Movie no 1501 with cover file 1530. The best tactic should be to use the title alone title.jpg]. Please note that I ended up having a few films associated with the same cover filename (Films A and B with cover 2111). Deleting the wrong cover in film A resulted in it being deleted in Film B too!)

SUGGESTION
The Dialog box "Search HD for Movies" should "remember" the previous options (last folder, number of frames to grab etc).

I guess these are enough for now. Everyone please comment and I'll get back with more...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 06 Nov 2010 : 18:25:52
CoverManager_V2.0 - should be bug free
JDommi Posted - 03 Nov 2010 : 09:54:16
http://mitglied.multimania.de/jkdommi/xmm/
CoverManager_V1.1.rar

Resize and scaling of the form - done
Undo function - at the moment not possible as undeleting files is platform specific. Therefor I have changed the deleting into deleting_to_recycler
JDommi Posted - 01 Nov 2010 : 12:27:15
quote:
- "Load Pic 1" and "Load Pic 2 button" disappeared. I think it's not self-explaining that you have to do a right-click.

fixed
quote:
- "Print Pic 2" button should be added

added
quote:
- ... As you cannot change the size of the program window you can't read the full paths listed in the multi-selected covers list

fixed

Resize form - will be worked on tomorrow
Undo function - will follow later if possible

JD
JDommi Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 18:56:32
If you want I can send you the source ;)

Load buttons - well, I can add a hint on thumbview list and/or show the buttons again "load selected to pic x"
Print pic 2 - will be added
The multiselect is really not good - but I use the thumbnail component from Jedi. That unfortunately allows no multiselection. So it's only a work-around.
The path: I can put it in an non-editible edit or I can show the full path as a hint
Deleting pics by mistake: I can do noting about that - except an undo history. That will need some time...
The size: I could try to use FormGrow component. However it's difficult for me to built "full viewable" progs as I use a resolution of 2560x1024 on 2 monitors.

I'll try my best ;)
Mawu Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 18:41:21
@JDommi

Fantastic. Thank you very much for this useful little plugin. I feel inspired to install my old Delphi 7 and reactivate my old programming skills. ;-)
As always some suggestions and criticism:
- After download unpacking causes an error message: Label CD vinyl.jpg ist fehlerhaft
- "Load Pic 1" and "Load Pic 2 button" disappeared. I think it's not self-explaining that you have to do a right-click.
- "Print Pic 2" button should be added
- the multi-select is, let's say, something you need to get used to. Playing around with I deleted some of my covers by mistake. As you cannot change the size of the program window you can't read the full paths listed in the multi-selected covers list

Bye byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
ferd Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 18:13:16
1) multiple edits - changing "rating" using multiple edits has no effect.

2) magic scripts - AMAZON / DVDEMPIRE / IMDB - english versions - problems finding the correct movies, either by titles or upc. Even when selected manually, when there are two similar titles often the update uses the wrong title - the one that was not selected.
JDommi Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 16:56:02
@Mawu & Ale

CoverManager_V1.0.rar ist online.

Changes:
added: cover printing
added to printing part: shows only the covers that are actually selected in CoverManager (all front, back and fanart)
added to printing part: automatic suggestion of cover format from aspect ratio (checking is needed!)

Here again the link: http://mitglied.multimania.de/jkdommi/xmm/
JDommi Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 08:10:53
Ale, I will send the latest CoverManager to you in a few minutes.
The Cover Printing is at the moment not implemented as I have worked on that scarcely for 2 days and not all is quite looking like it should be. But I will attach it to the email, too. Surely you will have suggestions on it...
I still hope that you will find time to adapt the code to use it in XMM directly ;)
Alessio Viti Posted - 31 Oct 2010 : 06:14:22
Hello JDommi,

Please sorry, I haven't find time to add it to XMM yet.

Plese send to me the latest release, I will do it for next release.

Thank you and sorry again!

Ale
JDommi Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 21:34:43
@Mawu

Test_v2 is online...

Changes:
2 covers loading/printing possible
automatic portrait/landscape selection
appending new templates possible (or edit Formats.txt manually)
Jewelcase backcover (inlaycard) template added
blueray and blueray elitecase template added
printing pics larger than A4 is disabled (yet)

I hope all works fine and further improvements are welcome!

JD
Mawu Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 18:44:55
@JDommi

quote:
So don't expect all usable functions at once ;)

No, no. Your nice little program only fires my brainstorming.

quote:
Mentioning again that this is only a trial work and should finally go into the CoverManager. Or better as single plugin?

No, it should definitely be integrated into the cover manager. And the cover manager should be integrated into xMMM as a plugin asap.

quote:
Now a question: should I implement different paper sizes beside Din A4?

For me it's not necessary.

Thank you
Mawu
JDommi Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 17:35:29
Well, it's the first try and I have begun with it yesterday before going to work - you know. So don't expect all usable functions at once ;)

I don't have included all templates yet.
Portrait/landscape: I'm just at this moment working on it *g*
The "F" button is for executing the filter right left of it (*Jewelcase* for example shows all templates related to this category)
cd/dvd: maybe I can manage it to set the correct coordinates (as future plan)
front and back cover: yes, that I have already on my todo list

Mentioning again that this is only a trial work and should finally go into the CoverManager. Or better as single plugin?

Now a question: should I implement different paper sizes beside Din A4?

Last but not least: I will have a look at the site
Mawu Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 16:33:22
Hi JDommi,

thank you. Now it works. Just tested the dvd cover printout (cd/dvd label printout is too risky ;-))and it worked.
Missing:
- printer should get the info if it's portrait or landscape format automatically
- jewel case back cover is missing
- jewel case front and back cover should be printed together onto one paper sheet (like in the program CoverMe, Please take a look at http://www.cover-drucken.de, or the normal XMM cover print)
- blu-ray format
What does the "F" button mean?

Thank you for your great work.

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
JDommi Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 13:04:58
@Mawu

I have sent the archive to your cinemathek mail address. I hope that's ok ;)
Otherwise I will upload it on my site later, too.
Mawu Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 12:13:40
@JDommi

I have problems to unpack the test.rar file. Project1.exe seems to be defective.

Bye Byte
Mawu
apd Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 10:04:49
To double post you back, there's plenty of features I too don't use or care about, and I resent the effort spent on them. But I won't criticize the users who find them valuable for their own reasons...
apd Posted - 30 Oct 2010 : 09:56:25
What exactly is your point? That you're not as anal retentive as others? Thanks for letting us know. Now do you have anything more useful to offer?
gerard Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 20:01:43
Double post.

I give up on dups. Lets load movie1.avi versions :DVD,CD,VHS, Blue Ray, Directors Cut, No Directors Cut, Chinese version, Dutch version, Subtitle Dutch, Subtitle German, Green Cover, Blue Cover, AKA, Divx, Mpeg2 etc. all into the database, so we know what we have, and get a clear picture of our movie collection.

Regards :Gerard Kuster

gerard Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 19:33:22
Giving up. Letīs start loading Movie1 DVD, CD, VHS, Blue Ray, language 1, language2, red cover, green cover, directorscut, no directors cut, chinese version, dutch version, original version, DivX version MPEG2 Version. I am sure we should end-up with a very efficient, informative and clear database of our movies.

Thanks and regards :Gerard Kuster
JDommi Posted - 29 Oct 2010 : 13:12:21
quote:
Originally posted by Mawu
Just another feature request:
Printing function for the most common formats (Jewel Case Front/Back, DVD Amaray, Blu-ray case etc.)

Well, I have just began with it. Please have a look at the first try.
It's located in known place as test.rar

As I don't have a printer I can't test myself if the size is ok.
Still there are not all formats included (too less time). But you can add them yourself in the file Formate.txt. Maybe you have time to add more...
The format is:
kind: description - widthxheight

Oops, I have forgotten to include the file
Please save the following lines in same dir as the .exe under the name: Formate.txt
Label: CD 700 MB - 119x119
Label: CD 219 MB - 79x79
Label: CD Vinyl - 62x62
Label: DVD 4,7 GB - 119x119
Label: DVD 1,4 GB - 79x79
Label: DVD Vinyl - 62x62

Jewelcase: Booklet 2-sided - 121x120
Jewelcase: Booklet 4-/8-sided - 242x120
Jewelcase: Booklet 6-sided (with wrapped fold) - 360x120

Cover: DVD - 272x183

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07