BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 new bug

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
apd Posted - 19 May 2009 : 10:18:44
While sorting by length the entries appear by absolute numerical value. Entries with values 1 to 19 (minutes) are followed by entries 100 to 199. I think XMM should be able to sort the entries acknowledging the TIME value.

As an addition, I think that it would be nice to be able to create groups (i.e. up to 30 min, 31-60, etc).
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 22 May 2009 : 10:30:17
Sorry, apd ;)
Of course, if someone wants to use it - it's worth it. I only thought of the duplicate fields for this function that in most cases would be identical. But maybe Ale has a good idea to prevent two fields without cutting additional info like the second time without the credits...
apd Posted - 22 May 2009 : 10:10:19
The "is it worth it" question is subjective - and it applies to many aspects of XMM. For me the answer is yes, because, for one it allows me to distinguish at once between short and long films in a list. If it was
implemented, it could be used in the "exclusion" filters - like "show all films by Z, except shorter than 40 min".

And anyway, if it's easy, why not have it available? :)
JDommi Posted - 21 May 2009 : 18:17:24
You're right, Ken. And of course to make it more difficult: some sites show 2 different times; With and without credits.
As example: 83:53 Min. (78:45 Min. o.A.).
For that it would be a good idea to take 2 fields for length: 1 for normal display and another (only first numerical part) for sorting, overall time or anything like that.
Well, quite easy to handle but is that really worthwhile?
kencr Posted - 21 May 2009 : 13:00:59
I think the problem lies in how the length of a film is expressed, and how the database treats it. Most of the films I've seen give the number of minutes a film lasts, followed by " min". This is a text value, and so it's sorted differently than it would be if it was just a number, without the " min" at the end.

If the time were expressed as a number, i.e. the number of minutes, there wouldn't be a problem. If the movie is downloaded using a script, it all depends on how the particular film database you download it from holds the information.

For example, suppose a film is 59 min long, some databases (e.g. IMDB) show the length as "59 min", others as just 59.

It should be possible to write a script which strips the " min" away, then turn the remaining text into a number, which would make the values consistent, regardless of which film database you download it from.
apd Posted - 19 May 2009 : 15:34:58
I meant groups by duration inside XMM, to group short films. But anyway, the important thing is to have the correct sorting - XMM should "imagine" the 00 in a 1 min film ot the 0 in a 59 min film.
JDommi Posted - 19 May 2009 : 10:41:10
Hi apd,
I think groups are not good for that. Best way could be to expand the minutes with 0 like 001.
Could be easily done in script or by Ale in XMM itself.

JDommi

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07