BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actor's Photo Not Displaying In Film Listing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MIKEGARVEY Posted - 15 Jul 2009 : 11:13:40
I have been updating a lot of actor's details with photos.
There have been a few - only a handful - where I have found when returning to a film linked to the same actor that his photo is not displayed.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michael Clarke Posted - 24 Feb 2011 : 19:49:45
I know this is an old post but I have been looking at the same problem. Solved I think by making sure that the Actors IMDB ID number is the same in both the film actors list and the actors details. Most times the name is good enough, but in some cases the picture will not show up until the ID also matches. It has taken a long time to go through 7000 actors and 1170 films to include all the IMDB ID numbers into my database but it is worth it.
Alessio Viti Posted - 02 Sep 2009 : 07:13:10
Hi Guys,

I will try to fix this problem in the next release, let me know if will work or not.

Thank you!

Alessio
DLT Posted - 01 Sep 2009 : 22:53:02
Hi,
I have a similar problem with actor photo. Movie Card (default) don't displays (ex. Nadia Farès) because of "è". Actor Card displays Nadia Fares without photo but with correct details. Edit Actor window displays correct name <Nadia Farès> and photo. So, the problems consists in these special characters. I think, Alessio must to fix this.

DLT
JDommi Posted - 28 Aug 2009 : 14:01:18
@wills897:
Do you mean the pics for the same movie/actor are sometimes visible and sometimes not?

@SyN0:
You can't select the pics in cover manager?
For the other problem: have you read/tried my last post on this topic?
SyN0 Posted - 28 Aug 2009 : 13:27:08
i have the same problem with actors pics only in XMM. it will be shown in the cover manager, but i can't select it.
Moghul Posted - 22 Aug 2009 : 19:26:06
Ho lo stesso problema, sebbene esista la foto dell'attore nella sua scheda la stessa non mi appare nella scheda del film mentre altre foto degli attori appaiono nella stessa scheda film.
wills897 Posted - 01 Aug 2009 : 03:04:02
I am having a similiar problem. The actors' photos don't show up on the Movie's card where it lists the actors. If you click on the actor, his profile is displayed with the photo but if you go back to the movie only his name displays.

I have had this happen on all movies, and sometimes only on a few actors or few movies. I usually shutdown and restart Movie Mager and it seems to temporiarily fix the issue.
JDommi Posted - 26 Jul 2009 : 22:37:05
Is the actor's pic not shown on movie card or on actor's card itself?
On movie card you have to activate picture view for actors first (the pic icon in the titlebar of the movie card).
Maybe only the script does not take the photo if it's not visible on actor's card, too. In that case it would be usefull to know which script you are using.
Already tried with option overwrite existing data?
Tomasz Posted - 26 Jul 2009 : 21:31:44
Hi,
I'll respond, because I have the same problem.
I have got movie "Casablanca" with actress Ingrid Bergman - I had had her in the database, but without photo.
Now I updated actress Ingrid Bergman from internet (added photo and other details).
But in moviecard view of the movie "Casablanca" there is still no photo of Ingrid Bergman.

I've tried "Compact and repair database" and F5 (reload) and Right Mouse Click on Movie Card and choosing Reload with no results. I've thought maybe it's Internet Explorer's caching the html file? Ctrl+F5 (Clear cache and reload) does not work in XMM window, so I've tried opening Iinternet Explorer 8 (I'm not sure if XMM uses newest IE in the system or an older version of IE, though) and hitting Ctrl+F5 and then Right Mouse Click on Movie Card and Reload but still no results.

Hope you can fix it.
Thanks in advance,
Tomasz
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 Jul 2009 : 16:18:44
Hi,

Sorry, my english is terrible, i haven't understand corretly the problem. Can you write me again?

Alessio

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07