BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Sort by release date and release date update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hyper.escape Posted - 14 Dec 2010 : 16:16:55
Hello All,

Regular fan of Extreme Movie Manager running the latest version.

I wanted to sort the default column view in the order of movies as they were released (earliest to the latest), so I can choose which ones in the recent past I have not seen from my database.

For this reason obviously the release date seemed to be most appropriate choice. 'Date inserted' can be tricky sometimes since I have also inserted a lot of old movies in the collection.

The release date is inserted in Custom-2 field, and unfortunately it is a text string instead of a date field. Hence I guess no release date wise sorting cannot be done. The date on IMDB page is also mentioned as dd-mmm(full name alphabet)-YYYY, which is a text string and imported ditto, maybe some conversion is required to convert it in actual date mask/field.

Secondly I have all my database (>2000 movies) updated for Italian release dates (i overlooked the option to choose country in the IMDB.complete script). So is it a way now I can only update the release date for all the movies quickly for another country instead of reimporting all the information which obviously would take a huge amount of time.

Would appreciate your guidance for the issues mentioned.

Thanks.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07