BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Excluding year from title

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slon566 Posted - 14 Jan 2011 : 21:00:41
Hello!

There was option like "import year from title" few versions ago. But now i can't find this.
When I import movies (Add movies -> Scan drives for movies) XMM creates new record with title "Amores perros (Amores perros, ) Almodovar" instead "Amores perros (Amores perros, 2000) Almodovar". Field "Year" of this record equals 2000. Filename is W:\Amores perros (Amores perros, 2000) Almodovar.avi. When I use Add movies -> Add ripped DVD on your Hard Disk XMM creates record with correct title.
How can I tune this option?

Thank you in advance, AB.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mrabonnington Posted - 05 Mar 2011 : 03:28:38
correction: I like that the name on the grid is the same as the my movie file names.
should read: I like that the name on the grid is the same as my movie file names.
mrabonnington Posted - 05 Mar 2011 : 03:24:22
I also recently updated XMM and have the same problem that on the grid the year is not included in the title. I like that the name on the grid is the same as the my movie file names. I would like to have this option back as it is very helpful to have the year when i extract the grid to HTML.

please help

Andy
linkup Posted - 01 Mar 2011 : 16:03:58
And when you strip the year out, why do you leave the brackets or parentheses behind? And in his case, why do you leave the worthless "-" after taking the year from behind it?
JDommi Posted - 14 Feb 2011 : 22:25:00
To keep consistency:
Here is alittle tool that strips the year from the title in your database. Would be in my sight better than keeping the doubled year ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ej8211b2o6s4j98/StripYear.rar
Unknown_Canuck Posted - 14 Feb 2011 : 21:54:15
Yes, all my previous imports all have the Year in the Title. I would like to keep the year in the Title for consistency with my old imports, even though the year is in the "Year Field".

Also, it leave extra characters in the Title based on my file naming convention, which I could work around, but would prefer not to.

Thanks
Alessio Viti Posted - 11 Feb 2011 : 07:19:35
Hello,

Do you want that XMM do NOT remove the year from title? Usually XMM when found a year it remove it from title and put in the Year field.

Ale
Unknown_Canuck Posted - 11 Feb 2011 : 04:57:20
I am having the exact same problem. I am using the "Scan Drives for Movies" function. The movie filename contains the year, but the year doesn't come in the Title. example. "c:\Seven Samurai - 1954.avi" comes into the Title as "Seven Samurai - ".
The year is missing. I haven't scanned my drives for a few month's, so something has changed in the last few versions.

Thxs for the help

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07