BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Editing episodes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JDommi Posted - 27 Mar 2011 : 14:41:19
When an episode has an image you can't edit this episode without getting the error that the picture file is already in use (with following stream = null and missing object instance error messages).
It's from the EditWindow as well as from the QuickEditView.
In the TVShow's EditWindow you can see a part of this Image whereas in the QuickEditView there is no picture shown and the column PictureImage always says: No image data.

Another Question:
Last column for episodes shows "simply empty". Can we edit this field? And how can we show the data on the episode card?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ronbug4444 Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 15:40:52
Thank you....everything is working correctly now.
Alessio Viti Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 06:00:33
OK, I have found the problem, I will fix in next release.

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 06:10:25
OK, I will fix in next release.

Thank you again!

Ale
ronbug4444 Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 00:26:26
I'm only having the problem in the "quickeditview" now, when a picture column is showing. I don't have the problem at all on the epidsode card anymore, even if the picture column is showing. So it seems the episode card is fixed now, just quick edit view having problems.
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 Apr 2011 : 22:31:06
Hello ronbug4444,

Do you have the problem also in the latest release?

Ale
ronbug4444 Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 15:35:25
After playing with it for a few minutes, I found that it still gives the errors if you try to edit the episodes with the "quick edit view".
ronbug4444 Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 15:25:39
Thank you! It is working again. I did try your other option before about removing picture from the grid, but every time I restarted XMM, the picture field was back in the grid. Anyway....it's working right now.
JDommi Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 10:21:25
Why don't you show a simple sign for pic / no pic? In the grid you never can see the whole picture!
Or is there anybody keeping that field big enough?
Alessio Viti Posted - 18 Apr 2011 : 09:44:56
OK Guys, I have found it.

The problem occurs if you have the picture in the Episode Grid. If you remove this field the problem will not occur.

I will work to remove the bug.

Ale
SyN0 Posted - 17 Apr 2011 : 13:22:10
the error exists since many many versions...
the first picture-import into an episode is ok, but:
open new episode -> click ok on error message(3x) -> you can edit the fields and import new pictures. if you dont use pictures, the error dosn't occur
JDommi Posted - 17 Apr 2011 : 09:34:16
You cannot reproduce these errors, Ale?
Just doubleclick on a TVShow go to Episodes tab and try to edit any episode with an episode picture assigned.
The error occurs immedeatly!
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Apr 2011 : 07:04:57
Hello ronbug4444,

you have right of course. I have fix some bugs related to episodes (like the double .jpg.jpg) on the picture filename.

For this bug I am a bit in trouble because I cannot reproduce it.

Probably I have few episodes in my example database. I will keep trying.

Of course I cannot stop to develop new function because of bugs.

Ale
ronbug4444 Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 19:33:01
Same problem in 7.1.1.9! Will this bug ever be taken care of. Instead of adding more and more features, why not spend time fixing the bugs that have persisted through the last 10 updates?
KCWhiteKnight Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 06:08:06
quote:
Originally posted by ronbug4444

I'm glad it is not just me. I was starting to think there was something that I was doing wrong, because no one else responded.

Sorry not just you. Mine is I lock up and then poof all works well. It's like I'm thinking give me a minute or two or maybe three. I don't always get an error message.

I've also noticed another thing on working with episodes. If you're adding a show like Will & Grace or Brothers & Sisters, in order to find them on IMDB you have to use the & but the titles for the episodes comes out Grace" or Sisters" then the title. Have you noticed this? Just causes a little extra clean up.
ronbug4444 Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 04:09:52
I'm glad it is not just me. I was starting to think there was something that I was doing wrong, because no one else responded.
Prinz Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 01:28:30
I have same problem since a few versions.
ronbug4444 Posted - 16 Apr 2011 : 01:17:30
I am STILL getting the same picture errors when trying to edit episodes!!!! New computer, updated XMM 7.1.1.8.

57The process cannot access the file....because it is being used by another process.

5Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'.

91Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This has become extremelly annoying. I cannot edit episodes until 5 or 10 minutes after I start XMM.
ronbug4444 Posted - 11 Apr 2011 : 01:45:18
I just bought a new computer and did a fresh install of EMM. I'm still having the same problem editing episodes. I thought it might have been a problem with the old computer, but this one is brand new.
ronbug4444 Posted - 02 Apr 2011 : 20:27:13
I'm still having the same problem editing episodes with 7.1.1.6

It's still saying the "episode picture is in use, value of null is not valid for stream and object reference not set to instance of an object" when you double click an episode to edit it. As soon as you add a new show, it does not do it anymore.
Alessio Viti Posted - 30 Mar 2011 : 02:23:24
Thats interesting. I will investigate it.

Thank you!

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07